02-10-2014 05:28 AM
Recently upgraded to DSS 5.01 and was looking forward to use the workflow features.
Here's the issue I encountered: When creating a workflow and choosing "Duplex" for Original Sides on Scan Settings, it will still scan simplex. Yes, I can change to duplex on the device before the scan starts, but that's not what I want. All other settings I make for the workflow (orientation, contrast, etc.) work just fine, but not the duplex selection.
Anyone else seen this?
04-23-2014 10:16 AM
Bump. Just updated to 5.01.03 and it's still not working.
When creating a workflow where I specify to scan duplex, it still scans simplex. Manually changing to duplex on the device panel before hitting the start button works ok.
Same for other settings such as landscape/portrait etc.
Is this because I'm using a rather old LJ9040 mfp for scanning?
05-14-2014 12:29 PM
Yes, this is an issue with the older devices. HP has addressed this with the newer FutureSmart devices and it works properly. HP is also working to improve the Workflow User Interface to indicate this limitation.
Another option is to open the device in the Config Util, go to the Preferences tab, and then set that device to use duplex as the default for all scan jobs. This way you won't have to change it for each job.
Hope this help,
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax