12-03-2013 08:30 AM
We sucesfully run DSS 4.25.42 on 8 MFP4345 printers. We use the send to folder features via DSS. These work fine on our printers except until we added a MFP4555.
The folders that we have seup in DSS still show fine on the 4345 printers but do not get reproduced and made available on the MFP4555. You seem to get 1 folder permanently, then if you add another in the DSS software it will appear for a while until you add some more. Then it may dissapear or be replaced but nothing is consistant. None of the other folder that are currently in DSS end up showing on the 4555 but show/work fine on the 4345's. If you make a change to the folder name in DSS its instantly replicated on the 4345 screens but may or may not work or even show up on the 4555.
We are about to buy another 8 printers but cant until we get this resolved.
Can anyone tell us whats going wrong?
01-15-2014 10:39 AM
I believe the issue you are seeing with the M4555mfp folders not showing has been fixed with a combination of newer firmware and DSS software.
You can find the latest firmware for your M4555mfp here: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/
You can also upgrade to the latest DSS software which is 5.01.01.198 as described here: /t5/Digital-Senders/New-DSS-5-01-software-availabl
I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax