10-03-2011 05:00 AM
My Deskjet worked fine when i bought it, printing and scanning. When I click on the desktop scan icon now I get a message which says "The HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series was not found", BUT it will copy and print.
I`m running Windows XP and have tried uninstalling / re-installing both plug and play and with the disc, re-starting, doing everything possible on the HP website, including download the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility 4.2, which is showing the message "The device manager on your computer is reporting an error that cannot be fixed by the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility. Remove the software by clicking Uninstall Software. Reinstall the software with the product CD, or by downloading the most current Full Feature software from the HP Website".
I cannot find any updates for my machine and I`ve done everything suggested to no avail.
The only thing that I`ve done differently recently was re-site my PC, setting it up again from scratch. I`ve never had a prob with this before, but could doing this knack the scanner?
I tried scanning through Paint but could not find printer or scanner.
10-03-2011 05:15 AM
I`ve just found another huge thread relating to this problem, which no-one seems to be able to solve.
Very frustrating as my printer / scanner worked fine when I bought it!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers