Deskjet 1050 J410 stopped scanning (919 Views)
Honor Student
julikins
Message 1 of 3 (919 Views)

Deskjet 1050 J410 stopped scanning

My Deskjet worked fine when i bought it, printing and scanning. When I click on the desktop scan icon now I get a message which says "The HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series was not found", BUT it will copy and print.

I`m running Windows XP and have tried uninstalling / re-installing both plug and play and with the disc, re-starting, doing everything possible on the HP website, including download the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility 4.2, which is showing the message "The device manager on your computer is reporting an error that cannot be fixed by the HP Scan Diagnostic Utility. Remove the software by clicking Uninstall Software. Reinstall the software with the product CD, or by downloading the most current Full Feature software from the HP Website".

I cannot find any updates for my machine and I`ve done everything suggested to no avail.

The only thing that I`ve done differently recently was re-site my PC, setting it up again from scratch. I`ve never had a prob with this before, but could doing this knack the scanner?

I tried scanning through Paint but could not find printer or scanner.

Help! 

Honor Student
julikins
Message 2 of 3 (917 Views)

Re: Deskjet 1050 J410 stopped scanning

I`ve just found another huge thread relating to this problem, which no-one seems to be able to solve.

Very frustrating as my printer / scanner worked fine when I bought it!

Honor Student
Mr_Vertigo
Message 3 of 3 (680 Views)

Re: Deskjet 1050 J410 stopped scanning

The sam for me. I so tired with HP ! uff

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation