Question

Honor Student
MrBrokenPrinter
Message 1 of 5 (2,500 Views)

Deskjet 1056 J410 - "Scanner Unreachable" error message

error.png

Hello all, and thank you in advance for your time. I recieve the error message above when I try to scan with or without the use of HP software. I have tried several different usb connections, and in all cases I can print and copy but not scan.

I have ran Scan Dr mutliple times. It always fails at the WIA and HP Twain Scan. I have tried all of their suggestions as well as checked the services registry to ensure that WIA and others are set to automatic.

What am I missing here? I am very p/o because this printer is brand new but the box got thrown away.
I am open to any and all suggestions. I am willing to try anything, save for human sacrifice. :manmad:

Sincerly, Mr. Broken Printer

Master's Graduate
ferRX
Message 2 of 5 (2,487 Views)

Re: Deskjet 1056 J410 - "Scanner Unreachable" error message

[ Edited ]

Hello BrokenPrinter,

Have you tried with the software download from the HP web ?

Download the software from the next:

Also check the USB cable and make sure it says USB 2.0

cabo_USB_20.jpg

* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks  :smileywink:     

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Regards,

ferRX

Honor Student
MrBrokenPrinter
Message 3 of 5 (2,469 Views)

Thanks for your quick response. Both cables I tried were 2.0. I am downloading the files now. I will let you know if it works. It looks similiar to the programs I instaled with the CD that came with the device. But hopefully this will work anyways.

Once again thanks.

Honor Student
MrBrokenPrinter
Message 4 of 5 (2,468 Views)

Ok wow, same error message. I'm about to throw it through a window. However I won't, and the software you recommended seems nice. But it didn't fix the issue. Any other ideas? I am all ears. Thanks.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 5 (2,443 Views)

Deskjet 1056 J410 - "Scanner Unreachable" error message

Hello MrBrokenPrinter

You mentioned checking to registry to ensure if WIA was enabled, did you check the Microsoft Services manually and make sure they are running? Follow the steps below to check on the services and try restarting them. WIA also depends on several services that need to be working as well.

1. Type services.msc in run or search program and files
2. Scroll down to the WIA Windows Image Acquisition
3. Make sure that this service is running. Click Stop, and then Restart to make sure
4. Restart the computer

Restart the Dependencies services:
1. Click on Start, in Search box type “services” without quotes.
2. Scroll down until you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
3. Double click on it and go to the tab called Dependencies.
4. 2 services should be listed.
5. Exit that window and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
6. Make sure it’s on manual or if it is on Auto, just leave it. Make sure the service is started though.
7. Go to Shell Hardware Detection and Double click.
8. Set the Start up Type as Manual and hit Apply.
9. You should be able to Start the service by hitting Start.
10. Now you are done and the Twain Manager should be working and not give you an error.

Check dependencies or sub dependencies:

Right click on WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) selecting first properties and then the dependencies tab. It should list: Remote Procedure Call RPC and Shell Hardware Detection

Under RPC it will then list DCOM Service Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper Go back to the main services.msc list and then right click and start all the items listed as dependencies or sub dependencies under WIA

If the problem persists try the article "A 'Scanner Unreachable' Message Displays on the Computer in Windows 7 When Trying to Scan" and let me know whether the problem persists or not.
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation