01-05-2013 05:23 PM
Hello all, and thank you in advance for your time. I recieve the error message above when I try to scan with or without the use of HP software. I have tried several different usb connections, and in all cases I can print and copy but not scan.
I have ran Scan Dr mutliple times. It always fails at the WIA and HP Twain Scan. I have tried all of their suggestions as well as checked the services registry to ensure that WIA and others are set to automatic.
What am I missing here? I am very p/o because this printer is brand new but the box got thrown away.
I am open to any and all suggestions. I am willing to try anything, save for human sacrifice.
Sincerly, Mr. Broken Printer
01-05-2013 07:23 PM - edited 01-05-2013 07:28 PM
Have you tried with the software download from the HP web ?
Download the software from the next:
Also check the USB cable and make sure it says USB 2.0
* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks
* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.
01-07-2013 10:44 AM
Thanks for your quick response. Both cables I tried were 2.0. I am downloading the files now. I will let you know if it works. It looks similiar to the programs I instaled with the CD that came with the device. But hopefully this will work anyways.
Once again thanks.
01-07-2013 10:47 AM
Ok wow, same error message. I'm about to throw it through a window. However I won't, and the software you recommended seems nice. But it didn't fix the issue. Any other ideas? I am all ears. Thanks.
01-10-2013 09:18 AM
You mentioned checking to registry to ensure if WIA was enabled, did you check the Microsoft Services manually and make sure they are running? Follow the steps below to check on the services and try restarting them. WIA also depends on several services that need to be working as well.
1. Type services.msc in run or search program and files
2. Scroll down to the WIA Windows Image Acquisition
3. Make sure that this service is running. Click Stop, and then Restart to make sure
4. Restart the computer
Restart the Dependencies services:
1. Click on Start, in Search box type “services” without quotes.
2. Scroll down until you see Windows Image Acquisition (WIA).
3. Double click on it and go to the tab called Dependencies.
4. 2 services should be listed.
5. Exit that window and look for Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
6. Make sure it’s on manual or if it is on Auto, just leave it. Make sure the service is started though.
7. Go to Shell Hardware Detection and Double click.
8. Set the Start up Type as Manual and hit Apply.
9. You should be able to Start the service by hitting Start.
10. Now you are done and the Twain Manager should be working and not give you an error.
Check dependencies or sub dependencies:
Right click on WIA (Windows Imaging Acquisition) selecting first properties and then the dependencies tab. It should list: Remote Procedure Call RPC and Shell Hardware Detection
Under RPC it will then list DCOM Service Process Launcher and RPC Endpoint Mapper Go back to the main services.msc list and then right click and start all the items listed as dependencies or sub dependencies under WIA
If the problem persists try the article "A 'Scanner Unreachable' Message Displays on the Computer in Windows 7 When Trying to Scan" and let me know whether the problem persists or not.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers