Question

Student
lizmcclure
Message 1 of 7 (3,564 Views)

Deskjet 2514 will not scan

I just installed a Deskjet 2514 and cannot get it to scan.  I can use it to print and copy with no issues.  I am using Windows 8.  When I press the scan button on the printer the power button light starts blinking.  That's the only thing that happens.  It never initiates a scan

Honor Student
squeekytoo
Message 2 of 7 (3,469 Views)

Re: Deskjet 2514 will not scan

am having same problem   HELP Please

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 3 of 7 (3,454 Views)

Hello to both of you,

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to scan using your Deskjet 2514. I am going to try to help you with this.

Squeekytoo - I am unsure of which operating system you are running, if you have a Mac OS X, you will not be able to run the print and scan doctor.

First of all, I recommend doing a self-test with your Deskjet 2514 by making a copy. If you are able to copy successfully, then lets move on to the computer and please run the Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. This tool will search for any printing or scanning issue and attempt to correct the problems.

If either of you see any errors or other issues happening, please respond to me and I will look into the issue from there.

Thank you:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Honor Student
TeamSwensen
Message 4 of 7 (3,268 Views)

I have a MAC OS X. What do you suggest I do ? Same problem...will copy and print perfectly but will only scan bolded text on my document instead of the entire page. 

Student
SarahTeacher
Message 5 of 7 (3,020 Views)

I also have a Mac OS X,  and the scanner on the Deskjet 2514 will not work.  The copy and print functions work fine.  What do you suggest I do to fix the problem?  

Student
pwilder
Message 6 of 7 (2,228 Views)

I have a new HP 2514 all in one printer and running microsoft XP operating system. The printer will copy and printer but will not scan. Is there a fix?

Student
MichelB1950
Message 7 of 7 (2,071 Views)

I have the exact same problem. Mac OSX and the deskjet will not scan!

Due to the amount of people who have the same problem I think some support from HP is needed...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation