12-03-2013 06:22 PM
I just installed a Deskjet 2514 and cannot get it to scan. I can use it to print and copy with no issues. I am using Windows 8. When I press the scan button on the printer the power button light starts blinking. That's the only thing that happens. It never initiates a scan
12-12-2013 10:09 AM
Hello to both of you,
I am sorry to hear that you are not able to scan using your Deskjet 2514. I am going to try to help you with this.
Squeekytoo - I am unsure of which operating system you are running, if you have a Mac OS X, you will not be able to run the print and scan doctor.
First of all, I recommend doing a self-test with your Deskjet 2514 by making a copy. If you are able to copy successfully, then lets move on to the computer and please run the Print and Scan Doctor for Windows. This tool will search for any printing or scanning issue and attempt to correct the problems.
If either of you see any errors or other issues happening, please respond to me and I will look into the issue from there.
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax