Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
When I open the File Type drop-down list in the Scan to file Save Options screen, PDF does not appear as a file type.  I have Adobe Extended Pro installed on my computer.  Solution?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This can possibly solve your problem:

0. you should have the CD that came along with the printer. the solution that is listed below is working for windows xp operating system. 

1. Browse the CD -> Go to the Setup folder. -> Go to the DocProc folder. -> Double-click Docproc.msi to install.  you will not see any progress etc.,
2. Browse the CD -> Go to the Setup folder. -> Go to Qfolder . -> Double-click Qfolder.msi to install.  same as above.

3. Go back to your HP solution centre and under scan settings option you shhould get to see the PDF options (and a few others as well).

cheers 

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

This can possibly solve your problem:

0. you should have the CD that came along with the printer. the solution that is listed below is working for windows xp operating system. 

1. Browse the CD -> Go to the Setup folder. -> Go to the DocProc folder. -> Double-click Docproc.msi to install.  you will not see any progress etc.,
2. Browse the CD -> Go to the Setup folder. -> Go to Qfolder . -> Double-click Qfolder.msi to install.  same as above.

3. Go back to your HP solution centre and under scan settings option you shhould get to see the PDF options (and a few others as well).

cheers 

HP Recommended

What if you don't have the cd?

HP Recommended

if you do not have CD.. for Xp/Vista.... downlod the driver from the link given below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-59236-4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file and extract the files

click Start >> Run and type %temp%

open the folder that starts with 7Z

inside this, you will find the SETUP folder. follow the steps as given before.

HP Recommended

This also works for the Deskjet F4180 so it may work for the F4100 and F4200 series.

HP Recommended

Worked on F2280 as well. Thanks

HP Recommended

I have a mac I can't scan to pdf. I keep getting an "unknown error message."

HP Recommended

Hello, I tried these steps and it did not work. :Crying: More help please. I have the CD installed...Thanks.

HP Recommended

hi I am also having difficulty setting up my deskjet f4280 so that i can save my scans as PDF. I have tried the ideas below and had no joy.Can anyone help. I have XP operating system. I do not have the driver disk so I downloaded it of the HP website.

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you Kalyanaraman! Worked like a charm on my F4180.  After 3 years, I can now scan in PDF.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.