11-07-2013 09:30 AM
We have two Digital Sender 9200c's one at both of our business locations. They do not seem to send files anymore that are larger than a certain size, especially under color. They both route through different emails. It still can scan color, I was able to scan one page successfully. Otherwise, for multiple pages of color it sends the email to the designee but there is no attachment. This is becoming extremely troublesome! Does anyone have any ideas???
11-07-2013 10:23 AM
You may have restrictions on either/both the size of files that can be sent through your delivery server and/or the size of files that can be received into the inbox of the receiving user on the receiving server, and depending on how the servers are setup, the message may be delivered with the attachment simply stripped.
11-07-2013 11:13 AM
Really appreciate the reply but am not sure how this would be the case.
1.) Was able to scan succesfully until recently
2.) Am able to scan large files of black and white that are larger file sizes than the color documents that I want to scan
Also once again this is at two different locations. We use different gmail accounts for each digital sender, so am clueless to how this happened all of a sudden.
Let me know what you think
11-08-2013 05:26 PM
>Is it possible your e-mail server is the culprit?
Yes, I helped someone with that problem. It had no problems mailing to me.
Unfortunately the error message was send back to the bogus MFP sender address and went nowhere. When I configured the From setting to me, I saw the "too big" message.
11-08-2013 06:02 PM
11-17-2013 03:54 PM
We are able to scan large black and white files 5mb-10mb. Recently I was able to scan a single page of color by itself, however when I tried to scan more than one page I do not receive any attachment. Firmware is up-to-date. Note once again this is happening on both of our scanners, different locations, different servers.
11-19-2013 06:16 AM
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers