Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every time I use the document feeder, either to scan or fax, the first page goes through fine. Then the second page starts to feed, but then the feeder jams. The paper isn't really jammed in there. It pulls out easily. But the printer tells me to reload the paper and try again.

I've cleaned out everything, cleaned the rollers, etc. There is nothing jammed in there because otherwise the first page wouldn't go through.

This worked fine previously, then suddenly started happening. Once the problem started, it has happened every time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Dawgperry,

I reviewed the post and I am very happy for you that making those copies fixed the issue for you. We have worked as a teak together to hit the nail on its head. I genuinely hope the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Dawgperry,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums.  A very good day to you. Smiley Happy  I understand that you have issues with the ADF jams on your printer. It will be a delight to help you. Smiley Happy

Spectacular troubleshooting, superb description and splendid analysis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. Smiley Happy You are a valued Hp customer and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a power surge or outage?
  • Did you bypass power strips?

It looks like a hardware issue with the printer. Please try all the prescribed steps from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-Pro-8600-Plus-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---N911/43... and if you have, then you will need to contact hP phone support to get the printer replaced or upgraded.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Here please select the paid option only to reach phone support. You don't need to pay on the website.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I reset the printer as you suggested. Still no luck.

This is a situation where it's really a "false jam". If I scan one page, the paper goes all the way through. But just as it is 99% through the document feeder, I get the "Reload Original" error, and it tells me to try again.

There is nothing physically stuck in the printer. My printer can't scan using the document feeder.

Ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi @Dawgperry,

I read the post comprehensively. Great troubleshooting and brilliant effort to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done 🙂

Please try these steps. Please make a few copies directly from the ADF without any communication from the computer.

If it fails to copy, then the printer has a hardware issue. Please contact HP phone support to explore service options, replacements or upgrades from my previous post.

Trust me I've done everything here to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. 🙂 You've  been absolutely superb to work with, by displaying great technical skills. 🙂 I thank you again for your time. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I honestly hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, the copy function works fine. I made 3 copies by putting the original in the document feeder. It went through fine all 3 times, and I got my copies.

The problem is when I try to scan or fax. Could this be a driver issue? Should I uninstall my printer completely, then re-install?

HP Recommended

BUT WAIT!!!!

Now that I made those 3 copies, now both the scan and fax works when using the document feeder. I just scanned 9 pages and they all went through fine.

Somehow making those copies with the ADF solved the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @Dawgperry,

I reviewed the post and I am very happy for you that making those copies fixed the issue for you. We have worked as a teak together to hit the nail on its head. I genuinely hope the printer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

To simply say thanksplease click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Dawgperry,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.