Question

Honor Student
Sven1933
Message 1 of 6 (3,681 Views)

Document scan to Microsoft Word

I have an all-in-one HP C309 g-m.  I want to scan a document into my Microsoft Office Word as a document file.  About the closest I have come is to get it into the computer as a pdf document which I cannot edit.  I used to be able to scan in document with my old HP psc 1210 as it had a little HP director program which allowed me to select if it was a photo or ducument.  No such luck now.  I need help.  Thank you in advance.

Sven Engblom

Honor Student
terrylobban
Message 2 of 6 (3,641 Views)

Re: Document scan to Microsoft Word

I have the same problem as Sven (Mac 10.6 os) Could do this on my old HP F2235 but no software provided for the C309.

Help too.

Honor Student
terrylobban
Message 3 of 6 (3,490 Views)

Sven, you may have the answer to this by now.

HP do not include OCR software with their latest printers as in the past.

If you can scan it (probably via Preview) as a pdf, then open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat and save it as a Microsoft Word document. This works well.

Terry

Honor Student
Sven1933
Message 4 of 6 (3,452 Views)

Terry Lobban,

Thank you ever so much for your spot on hint of how to scan a document into MS Word using the PDF format.  I don't normally use PDF other than reading some documents so I don't know much about that program.  I will now.  Thanks again

Sven Engblom

Honor Student
Mamateat
Message 5 of 6 (3,426 Views)

Tery, I was reading Sven's problem & your answer just may be what I too am looking for. I have a Officejet Pro L7780. My problem (I think) is my new computer with Windows 7. With my old Vista I could scan to doccuments with no problem. However I can't figure out how to do  it with this new program. On the Vista I had a HP Solution Center that walked me through anything I wanted to do with my printer. But not so with this Compaq/Windows 7. I think I am going to try doing it your way & see what happens. It can't be any worse than  it is now. Wish me luck. And thnks for the information & leting us pick your brain.

Student
rickcparks
Message 6 of 6 (2,630 Views)

Need direction to scan doocument to be emailed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation