10-24-2010 04:09 PM
I have an all-in-one HP C309 g-m. I want to scan a document into my Microsoft Office Word as a document file. About the closest I have come is to get it into the computer as a pdf document which I cannot edit. I used to be able to scan in document with my old HP psc 1210 as it had a little HP director program which allowed me to select if it was a photo or ducument. No such luck now. I need help. Thank you in advance.
02-07-2011 07:50 PM
Sven, you may have the answer to this by now.
HP do not include OCR software with their latest printers as in the past.
If you can scan it (probably via Preview) as a pdf, then open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat and save it as a Microsoft Word document. This works well.
02-08-2011 06:20 PM
Thank you ever so much for your spot on hint of how to scan a document into MS Word using the PDF format. I don't normally use PDF other than reading some documents so I don't know much about that program. I will now. Thanks again
02-09-2011 11:58 AM
Tery, I was reading Sven's problem & your answer just may be what I too am looking for. I have a Officejet Pro L7780. My problem (I think) is my new computer with Windows 7. With my old Vista I could scan to doccuments with no problem. However I can't figure out how to do it with this new program. On the Vista I had a HP Solution Center that walked me through anything I wanted to do with my printer. But not so with this Compaq/Windows 7. I think I am going to try doing it your way & see what happens. It can't be any worse than it is now. Wish me luck. And thnks for the information & leting us pick your brain.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers