Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6962
Microsoft Windows Vista

I am trying to copy a 2 sided document using the document tray.  When the printer copies the first page, there is a slight pause.  Then, the page is sucked back into the printer and ejected.  I never have an opportunity to feed side 2.  I have the setting 1 to 2 sided because I do not have a setting for 2 to 2 sided.  Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@T24

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print on both sides using HP Officejet 6962 printer.

I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• Open the document that you want to print, click File, then click Print.
  • Select the name of your printer, then click Printer Properties or Preferences, or Printer Setup.
  • Locate the Print on Both Sides or Two-sided printing menu or option, then select the binding or page flip option depending on if you want the document to read like a booklet 
  • Click OK, then click Print.
  • Remove the printed first side pages from the output tray, then tap the stack on a flat surface to align the pages.
  • Load the printed first side pages into the main input tray. How you load the pages depends on if you have a rear load input tray or a front load input tray.
  • Click Continue.

Click here to refer the document and perform troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your response. I am trying to make 2 sided copies rather than printing a 2 sided document. Can you help?
HP Recommended

Load both pages of the original on the ADF, and press copy.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
Thank you for your quick response. I am trying to make a 2 sided copy from a 2 sided page. I do not have a "2 sided to 2 sided" option on my menu. I only have a "1 to 1 sided" and "1 to 2 sided" option.
HP Recommended

@T24

Thanks for the reply.

Your HP Officejet 6962 printer model is not capable of a doing 2 sided copy and 2 sided printing.

Click here to check the specifications of this printer.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.