08-05-2013 02:27 PM
At some point, the scan feature of this sexy printer began to produce an output that resembled rainbow colored vertical lines. I've tried power cycling, cleaning, checking for software updates, etc. Nothing seems to help.
Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions?
08-06-2013 06:49 AM
I see that you're having problems with your scanner. I would take a look at the document below.
Let me know how it goes.
08-06-2013 10:57 AM
This link has an image of what the scan output looks like (see second photo):
From what I can tell from searching Google, it appears to be a hardware issue (defective scan sensor). Since the $350 printer is out of warranty, I'm out of luck.
08-08-2013 08:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. If the scan output looks like the picture displayed then you will have to consider replacement options.
If interested you could call Hp at 1-800-474-6836 and ask about the upgrade program.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers