ENVY 100 crops scans of documents and pictures, regardless of where they are placed. (304 Views)
Honor Student
lsoracco
Message 1 of 3 (304 Views)
Accepted Solution

ENVY 100 crops scans of documents and pictures, regardless of where they are placed.

[ Edited ]

ENVY 100 crops scans of documents/photos. Preview is fine, but not the final result. Using Mac OS 10.7.5.

This scanner has always cropped my images or documents, even if I see then just fine in the preview. Right now I'm trying to scan my passport. I've lined it up against the side (as it shows on the drawing on the scanner) and I see the whole image on the preview; however, when it comes to the final image I get a cropped version of my passport.

Where can I go to fix this?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (294 Views)

Re: ENVY 100 crops scans of documents and pictures, regardless of where they are placed.

Hi,
The default scan workflow configured to scan 6 x 4 inch picture. Make sure to change the scan settings not to crop the scanned area as following:

1. Open the HP Utility and select your device.
2. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
3. Click the "Scan Tasks" tab.
4. Select the Scan Shortcut used to scan, then click Edit.
5. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle or the Show Details button to enlarge the menu.
6. From the enlarged menu now open the drop-down menu next to Crop To and set asA4 or None.
7. Click OK and try scanning.

If you get an error while trying to modify the scan shortcut install teh following patch and then follow the steps above:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41827/mp-101648-1/HP_Scan_for_Mac_OS_X_10.7_Update.dmg

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
lsoracco
Message 3 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: ENVY 100 crops scans of documents and pictures, regardless of where they are placed.

Thanks! I had *just* figured out a way to solve this by, in fact, working around the settings directly from my computer. Your solution makes sense.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation