Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

all i get is vertical lines when ever i try to scan or copie this happend just over a week ago when i wanted to make copie of my passport.  On HP site it says i am out of warrranty i bought this printer last summer and after a couple of months had to have a replacement as it switched itself on and off all the time.  I have tried the eprint solution the unplugging and factory resetting please what can i do is it expensive to repair I am sure that i should have had a year warranty from the date i received the new printer but i say i got it June July 2013 as i bought from my club book and finished paying it in August so if i had another one (replacement) as original was faulty surely i am still covered  please any info greatly appreciated as i have tried everything in trouble shooting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am happy this is now solved HP Customer Relations called me and they are sending me a replacement printer with a 3 month warranty so at least now I know how much warranty I have and have the option to extend it many thanks to you all and this forum.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
HP Recommended

Hi Julie264,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand that you are getting vertical lines whenever your try to scan or copy on your HP Envy 120. I am happy to help!

Please try the following:

Make sure the power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, not a surge-protector! Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.

Follow this copying and scanning guide. Copies or Scans Have Vertical Bands, Lines, or Black Pages.

If neither work for you, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this information is useful for you, and have a nice day! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the reply but I tried what you proposed and called HP and apparantly it is now out of guarantee even though I received a replacement 2 months after buying it the guarantee was not extended so i can only use as a printer now.  Not really happy but they said it is a hardware problem and the best idea was to buy a new one, which i am not prepared to do as it is only 14 months old i will keep it until the printer stops then buy another brand.  Must say i thought HP printers were the bees knees but i may go back to Epson as i never had this problem with them but thanks for the help anyway. 

HP Recommended

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I am happy this is now solved HP Customer Relations called me and they are sending me a replacement printer with a 3 month warranty so at least now I know how much warranty I have and have the option to extend it many thanks to you all and this forum.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem with my ENVY 120 printer. I have tried with the hard reset procedure described on the support site and sometimes it works. Now I want to try to upgrade the printer firmware to see if the problem is be solved for ever but the HP software is not able to comunicate with the printer, neither with USB nor with a wireless connection. Can anyone help me? I have read that there is also a semi reset procedure to try with.

Thanks,

Janca

HP Recommended

Hi jan2012,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

What Operating System are you using with your printer? If you do not know the Operating System you are using, please visit this website. Whatsmyos.

In the meantime, I would see this guide, Print Jobs from Your HP Printer are Stuck in the Print Queue. Once you've been through this guide, try to update the firmware again.

Hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt reply. My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bits. I am having a look to the guide you suggest. However, my printer communicates with my pc, in the sense that I can print and I can scan (when the scanner lamp works), both by usb and wireless connection. I cannot upgrade the the firmware because the HP upgrading software is not able to comunicate with the printer, very strange.

HP Recommended

Hi jan2012,

You are welcome!

Now that I know what Operating System you are using. I would suggest to connect with the USB cable, and try installing the firmware manually by downloading the file directly using this link. Critical firmware update to improve printer performance.

Hope this helps! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Actually,  this is what I have done without success. I do not know what to do next. Perhaps I can try to reinstall all the printer software and drivers. It is a nightmare. The printer is new but the warranty is expired so I have to solve the problem anyway. The Hp upgrade software does not ask if the printer is connected by usb or wifi, is it the correct behaviour? The printer utility software on the contrary, allows to select the type of connection.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.