Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

There is one dedicated fax line to which I regularly need to send a fax.  The acceptance is hit or miss.  The error code is 358* which tells me there is a communication error during the transmission.  I try again as suggested but it doesn't work.  They try to send to me, and it is a hit or miss also.  I regularly receive and send other fax to other organizations with whom I work.  I am baffled about what to do.  Currently, my set us is as follows:  printer fax is plugged into Actiontec modum, and the telephone line from modum to DSL/phone line wall plug.  I have distinctive ring on the line for the fax machine.  I have service through Century Link. Second question, should I get a splitter and plug the printer fax directly into DSL/phone line with a filter for better reception?  Thanks to all.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @swordgold,

I looked up the error 358 and found the following;

358.JPG

- Source

I know that is hard to see, here are the recommended solutions:

• Configure the remote machine for document reception by clearing any paper jams, loading sufficient paper, and clearing any other error messages.
  • Configure the local fax machine to use a slower reception speed.
  • Enable or disable the ECM setting.

Perhaps you will find the following helpful: HP All-in-One and Fax Products - Faxing with VoIP Services.

I hope this information is helpful. If you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.