07-22-2010 12:44 PM
I have an officejet pro L7780. Just yesterday i started getting the "error communicating with scanner" message.
I cannot scan, no matter what. Print functions fine.
It's on a wireless network, all configurations look fine, ports unblocked, etc.
Only the scanner function is a problem.
Any advice? This just started yesterday (7-21-2010).
07-25-2010 12:19 PM
I am experiencing the same problem with my Officejet 7310 and I have a very similar computer to yours (TouchSmart) with Windows 7 (64bit). Has anyone found a solution? I have unistalled and completely downloaded and reinstalled the printer software six (6) times to no avail. The scan completes and then the exact same error message you described in the first post appears and deletes the scan before it can be saved.
12-02-2010 01:24 PM
I have been having same problem with my 7410 for since May - upgraded from Win XP to WIn 7 Pro. I have no choice as this is company laptop. My environment is wireless laptop and 7410 has been wireless from the beginning. Never any problems with WinXP. This problem has been documented on various HP Boards amongst other public forums. It's no secret.
All we want for Christmas are AIOs that work with common/modern operating systems. At the very least since this problem is nearing a year old - is someone to admit it and provide us an update when it should be fixed.
12-07-2010 04:46 PM
Any movement on this issue. I have the exact same problem. Running win7 64bit on my laptop. Have tried all recommended fixes to no avail. Very frustrated. Will be my last HP printer. If I can't resolve I am going to ditch the printer!
03-02-2013 01:51 PM
Now, february 2013 this problem still exists in newest v13 scansoftware solutions. Fresh install, all updates win7 64 pro with officejet 7410. I get Dutch version of earklier error screen. The first page of a multiple manual page scan is gone and not saved.
This seems NOT a communication error, but an error in the program. Is this to be fixed once?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers