Question

Student
ian155
Message 1 of 10 (5,634 Views)

F2280 scanning a multiple page document

I have a HP Deskjet F2280 All-in-one

Can anyone tell me how to scan a multiple page document into one scan document and not end up with 5 separate scans?

thanks

Top Student
JusticePrint
Message 2 of 10 (5,259 Views)

Re: F2280 scanning a multiple page document

Would be interested to see an answer to this also, as in the same (multiple-scans) boat!

Any guidance appreciated :smileyhappy:

Top Student
JusticePrint
Message 3 of 10 (5,253 Views)

You've motivated me to do some more fiddling...!!

Press the Scan button on the top of the device. The "Scanning From... Scan To button (Front Panel)" window will then appear on-screen.

Select a Scan shortcut that is relevant to a document scan (one scanning to a pdf file for example), then press the on-screen "Scan" button.

The "Save to file Save Options" window will now appear. I believe that on this screen, you need to ensure that the box that is marked "Create one file per scanned page when choosing a multi-page file format (PDF, TIF, RTF, TXT, HTML)" is NOT ticked, as I think that this the bit that makes the difference...

Make sure that you are happy with the rest of the options and then click through to scan.

Hopefully that will solve the problem for you, as it has for me! :smileyhappy: 

Top Student
Smeeshter
Message 4 of 10 (5,232 Views)

I have the same problem regarding scanning multiple pages to a single PDF file (this worked fine on my previous F2180 all in one printer). The HP Solution Centre software has a tick box option when you scan that says to tick if you want to create one file per scanned page. Even though this is not ticked it doesn't come up after scanning the first page to ask if you want to scan a further page. I am using Windows XP not VISTA. As other people seem to have the same problem you'd have thought that HP would have an answer to something this basic!
Top Student
JusticePrint
Message 5 of 10 (5,202 Views)

Smeeshter wrote:
I have the same problem regarding scanning multiple pages to a single PDF file (this worked fine on my previous F2180 all in one printer). The HP Solution Centre software has a tick box option when you scan that says to tick if you want to create one file per scanned page. Even though this is not ticked it doesn't come up after scanning the first page to ask if you want to scan a further page. I am using Windows XP not VISTA. As other people seem to have the same problem you'd have thought that HP would have an answer to something this basic!

Hey Smeeshter,

Have you tried the following;

Open up the "HP Solution Center."  Click on Settings icon at the bottom of the window (spanner image).  Hover over Scanner Settings and select "Scan Document Settings." Select the "Front Panel Scan Button" tab and you will see a tick-box alongside "Prompt for settings at time of the scan."

Not 100%, but that may give you the option for further pages after each scan...

Using XP here also. 

Top Student
Smeeshter
Message 6 of 10 (5,185 Views)

To JusticePrint - Hi, this is exactly how it's set up on my PC but it doesn't work for me because although I haven't ticked the box for one page per PDF this is what I get!
Top Student
Smeeshter
Message 7 of 10 (5,018 Views)

At last a solution!!!!!! I deinstalled the HP F2280 printer software and then reinstalled everything including the IRIS OCR software option. You must install this to use PDF files as this gives you the PDF scan options. This gave me 3 options for scanning to a PDF file using the HP Solution Centre. The first option just says 'Document to PDF file'. The second says 'Document to PDF File 0000'. The third says 'Document to searchable PDF File'. If you use the option 'Document to PDF File 0000' it comes up with an additional screen. On this screen there is an option to Add page(s). At last - this is the option you need to create a multi-page PDF scan file - yippee.
Top Student
JusticePrint
Message 8 of 10 (4,989 Views)

Aha! Excellent result :smileyhappy:

Student
doods
Message 9 of 10 (2,756 Views)

can you please answer my question?

Top Student
Smeeshter
Message 10 of 10 (2,752 Views)

I had the problem when wanting to scan multiple pages to a PDF file. In the end the problem turned out to be because when I'd installed the HP printer driver I hadn't installed the optional software including the IRIS OCR software option. Once I'd deinstalled the driver and reinstalled it with the optional software now it comes up with an option on the screen when scanning to scan additional pages.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation