Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LASER JET PRO MFP M127
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

EVERY DAU I RECEIVE ONE OR TWO FAX REPORTS THAT SAYS:

FAX RROR REPORT----NO FAX DETECTED

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @ALPAYNE1, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand that you get fax error NO FAX DETECTED on your printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help.

Did you make any software or hardware changes to your printer?

Please try the steps mentioned below.

Click start on your PC and search for fax setup wizard.

Run the fax setup wizard in the end run fax test and let me know the results.

Most fax reception problems are caused by telephone line conditions. Many telephone companies offer services that are intended to notify you of voicemail during a call or prevent unwanted calls. These services can block calls or interfere with the fax transmission and cause the fax to fail. If there are any of the following services on the telephone line connected to the printer, contact the telephone service provider for its recommended solution.

- Voice mail

- Privacy block

- Security screen

- Anonymous call rejection

- Privacy manager

- Any other service that screens or intercepts incoming calls

A distinctive ring service, if it is available from the telephone service provider, often resolves this issue.

Also, refer this document to further troubleshoot fax issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.