Question

tu Honor Student
Honor Student
tu
Message 1 of 3 (438 Views)

FAX Remote Receiption

I just upgraded fron an old but steady HP R80 all-in-one to the new HP 8500 wireless all in one. The R80 was set to auto answer in fax mode and shared a line with voice calls. When we answered a call and it was an incomming fax we would dial 1 2 3 and hang-up. The R80 fax would see the dailed 1 2 3 and beginning connection to the sending fax system. See description of Remote Reception on page 2-12 of the HP OffiveJet R80 Setup Guide andFaxing Operation manual if you have one available.

How do we do something simular with the new HP 8500 wireless all in one system?

Student
arborcraft
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: FAX Remote Receiption

I had  the same problem.  HP technical service helped me out on this one so I thought I would share it since I know others are having the same problem.  For the 8500 Officejet Pro series, the magic code you use to allow remote fax reception is *123.  You have to add the star in front of the traditional 1-2-3 to get it to work.  This info does not appear in the manual or anywhere else. Hope this helps!

tu Honor Student
Honor Student
tu
Message 3 of 3 (263 Views)

Re: FAX Remote Receiption

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation