04-27-2009 01:43 PM
How do we do something simular with the new HP 8500 wireless all in one system?
05-22-2010 05:53 PM
I had the same problem. HP technical service helped me out on this one so I thought I would share it since I know others are having the same problem. For the 8500 Officejet Pro series, the magic code you use to allow remote fax reception is *123. You have to add the star in front of the traditional 1-2-3 to get it to work. This info does not appear in the manual or anywhere else. Hope this helps!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers