05-22-2014 12:43 PM
I keep having an error for fax, I did not receive my last fax.
I have an HP office Jet 8600 plus, it is giving me this error msg:
"HP digital error Fax : cannot connect to server. check server name and address."
I ran a fax test report and it passed. Please help!
05-24-2014 10:01 AM
From what you've described, the hardware of the machine, and the connection to the phone line is still fine. What seems to be happening, is that something has changed on your computer, and the printer cannot connect to the save folder that it used to save your faxes to.
For now, until we try to get this fixed, I would recommend enabling the paper printing of faxes - it's somewhere in the Setup(wrench)>Fax Setup menu (I just can't find the link I used to have to show it)
Also, re-setting up the fax to folder feature might help too: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&
The 8600 user guide is also a great source if information for setting up the Digital folder: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03026243.pdf
*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".
If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers