Fax Test Correct Type Phone Cord (3768 Views)
Tutor
RonB21
Message 1 of 6 (3,768 Views)

Fax Test Correct Type Phone Cord

I received my unit about two weeks ago but have not been able to pass the phone cord type. I have purchase all new high quality 2- wire phone cords. I use Comcast as my phone service have tried directly to the wall outlet same results. I how every have used the HP Fax Service to test my out going and receiving faxes and it does work correctly. 

I am wonder if it may be a firmware issue, Current FIRMWARE: DLM1 FN0842BR, I have ran my HP Update and noting is listed. I have received an email update about firmware DLM1FN0924AR (4 Sep 2009) OfficejetPro8500A909g_R0924_ENG.exe. The HP Officejet Pro 8500 Firmware flashing (upgrade) requires a wired network or a USB connection. THOUGH WAS UNSURE OF THIS ISSUE: DO NOT upgrade the printer firmware in a wirelessly connected printer.

HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g AII-in-One series

Fax Hardware Test (PASS)

Fax Connected to Active Telephone Wall Jack (PASS)
Phone Cord Connected to Correct Port on Fax (PASS)
Using Correct Type of Phone Cord with Fax (FAIL)

You are not using the correct type of phone cord.
Please check the items below then rerun this test.

Fax Test Report for 
Oct 06 2009 6:36AM

Use the phone cord that was provided with your HP device. Or, you can use the 2-wire phone cord adaptor (not included for all countries) with your existing .

Refer to your User Guide for more information on the fax test and settings.

Thanks,

Student
Tintellaar
Message 2 of 6 (1,592 Views)

Re: Fax Test Correct Type Phone Cord

Ok, great, I can read the manual, but the phone cord provided with the printer was damaged... what do I need to replace it???

Tutor
RonB21
Message 3 of 6 (1,587 Views)

What I would do is take the manual with the cord down to you local RadioShack or similar to make sure that you get the correct cord.

Student
kropp5
Message 4 of 6 (846 Views)

I ran a fax test report and keep getting a fail that states using correct type of phone cord with fax--Fail, yet I'm using the same cord that came with the machine. And has used it for almost a year now. 

HP
Super_Dave
Message 5 of 6 (837 Views)

Hi kropp5,

What happens when you try to fax?  Is your HP fax the same model listed on the other posts?

What type of phone connection?  Is it digital through the internet or a regular phone line?

I am an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
RonB21
Message 6 of 6 (828 Views)

I just installed Windows 8 and every time I fail the correct type of phone cord. Yet run the same test in Windows 7 I pass.

I too am using digital through the internet.

In Windows 8 I have faxed to the HP Test Fax System and received my fax back.

Not sure what version of HP OJ 8600 I am running though seems to be working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation