Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Printer Deskjet 2640 series
Other

Dear Sir,

I have got HP Printer Deskjet 2640 series.  I  loaded original  print -side up in the  ADF, but the fax sent  was totally blank. Please clarify whether the original print - side is to be kept down in the ADF.

I look forward to your revert expeditiosly.

Regards,

Devinder Kumar,

e-mail; [Personal Information Removed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jindi

@Jindi wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have already read page 34 of user guide which states that the print side up is to be loaded in the ADF, but that did not work. Please review it & confirm as to how the print side is to be loaded in the ADF, up or down.

Regards,

Devinder Kumare-mail; [personal information removed] 

Place one sheet of the document to be faxed on the glass, print side down, and make a copy.  If the copy comes out blank or if the copy is difficult to read, then the faxed version likely won't work either.  This might be the result if the document to be faxed is on yellow or other colored paper (perhaps) due to poor contrast.

If the copy is good, take that printed copy and put it in the ADF, face side up, and make a copy.  Judge the results.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jindi

@Jindi wrote:

Dear Sir,

I have got HP Printer Deskjet 2640 series.  I  loaded original  print -side up in the  ADF, but the fax sent  was totally blank. Please clarify whether the original print - side is to be kept down in the ADF.

I look forward to your revert expeditiosly.

Regards,

Devinder Kumar,

e-mail; [Personal Information Removed]

The User Guide specifies that a Fax loaded into the ADF should be placed print-side-up >

Chapter 6, Page 34

Details on Page 24 (Load Original)

See Chapter 6, Page 54 for additional help, including ECM settings.

TIP: If the recipient reports issues with the quality of the fax you sent, you can try changing the resolution or contrast of your fax.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

I have already read page 34 of user guide which states that the print side up is to be loaded in the ADF, but that did not work. Please review it & confirm as to how the print side is to be loaded in the ADF, up or down.

Regards,

HP Recommended

@Jindi

@Jindi wrote:

Dear Sir,

Regards,

Place one sheet of the document to be faxed on the glass, print side down, and make a copy.  If the copy comes out blank or if the copy is difficult to read, then the faxed version likely won't work either.  This might be the result if the document to be faxed is on yellow or other colored paper (perhaps) due to poor contrast.

If the copy is good, take that printed copy and put it in the ADF, face side up, and make a copy.  Judge the results.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Very appropriate response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.