Question

Student
Bingman67
Message 1 of 3 (831 Views)

Getting a Scanjet 6100C to work with Windows 7

I have a beautiful old Scanjet 6100C with a parallet port connector that I would like to try to use with a modern Win 7 machine. 

Does anyone know:

1) Will the Scanjet 6100C driver for Win XP work on Win7?

2) Will it work with a parallel port to USB port converter?

Thanks for any comments you guys may have....

Honor Student
BullMouse44
Message 2 of 3 (743 Views)

Re: Getting a Scanjet 6100C to work with Windows 7

Hello Bingman67,

I have the same problem re: both Vista and Win7 and a 6100c.

I've attempted connecting to Vista via usb and an adapter but had no luck.

I'm now using a Win7 system with the scsi controller installed which resolves the connection problem but Win7 does not like the XP driver.

If you have had any luck beyond this, please message.

regards - BullMouse44

Honor Student
BullMouse44
Message 3 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: Getting a Scanjet 6100C to work with Windows 7

Hi all,

After all these months I have succeeded in getting my Scanjet 6100c to work on my Windows 7, 64 bit system.  For those in need, the solution for me was compounded by a motherboard design problem on two Dell machines; a Dell 530S, Vista 32 bit, and a Dell Optiplex 990, Win7 64 Bit.  Because of poor design none of the Adaptec scsi control boards supported by Windows embedded drivers would work.

I was able however to solve my specific problem.  Among the boards supported with both of those op systems is the Adaptec 2930 LP, standard PCI scsi controller.  None of the other 2930 Family of products will work, and the 2930 family is very old.  I finally located a 2930 LP on Ebay for $5.00 + shipping.

After installing the 2930LP, the Win7 embedded driver would not work, but the compatible supported driver is avialable on the Adaptec site and is easliy downloaded and installed.

After installtion the VueScan software can be used to operate the scanner.

The other issue I was faced with was a bios problem that was resolved but updating my bios to the latest version for the Dell 990.

From this page you may easily navigate backwards to the references you need

http://www.adaptec.com/en-us/downloads/ms/ms_win_7_x64/productid=ava-2930lp&dn=adaptec+scsi+card+293...

hope  this helps.. regards and good luck to all

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation