04-19-2011 01:08 PM
I have a beautiful old Scanjet 6100C with a parallet port connector that I would like to try to use with a modern Win 7 machine.
Does anyone know:
1) Will the Scanjet 6100C driver for Win XP work on Win7?
2) Will it work with a parallel port to USB port converter?
Thanks for any comments you guys may have....
09-16-2011 01:03 PM
I have the same problem re: both Vista and Win7 and a 6100c.
I've attempted connecting to Vista via usb and an adapter but had no luck.
I'm now using a Win7 system with the scsi controller installed which resolves the connection problem but Win7 does not like the XP driver.
If you have had any luck beyond this, please message.
regards - BullMouse44
04-18-2012 08:57 PM
After all these months I have succeeded in getting my Scanjet 6100c to work on my Windows 7, 64 bit system. For those in need, the solution for me was compounded by a motherboard design problem on two Dell machines; a Dell 530S, Vista 32 bit, and a Dell Optiplex 990, Win7 64 Bit. Because of poor design none of the Adaptec scsi control boards supported by Windows embedded drivers would work.
I was able however to solve my specific problem. Among the boards supported with both of those op systems is the Adaptec 2930 LP, standard PCI scsi controller. None of the other 2930 Family of products will work, and the 2930 family is very old. I finally located a 2930 LP on Ebay for $5.00 + shipping.
After installing the 2930LP, the Win7 embedded driver would not work, but the compatible supported driver is avialable on the Adaptec site and is easliy downloaded and installed.
After installtion the VueScan software can be used to operate the scanner.
The other issue I was faced with was a bios problem that was resolved but updating my bios to the latest version for the Dell 990.
From this page you may easily navigate backwards to the references you need
hope this helps.. regards and good luck to all
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers