Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I'm getting the scanner error 22 when i try copy a page using copier function. After that i have to restart my printer to vanish that error. I've also checked the firmware version by printing config report and it says the frimware datecode is 20130211 and software version is 20121108. I've also used HP Print and Scan doctor to fix the error. But nothing seems to be working for me. So please help me .......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you are getting a scanner 22 error.

Perform a power reset.
Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
With the printer turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Wait at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Update the firmware on the printer. I have included the url.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4075457&

I will send you a private message with some more information to take a look at.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Let me know if that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

How to solve the scanner error 22 for the HP laserjet M1213nf MFP

HP Recommended

Hello

I understand you are getting a scanner 22 error.

Perform a power reset.
With the printer turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
Wait at least 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

Update the firmware on the printer. I have included the url.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4075457&

I will send you a private message with some more information to take a look at.

Let me know if that helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Getting scanner error 22 from my HP Laserjet Professional M1213nf MFP.

HP Recommended
Getting scanner error 22 from my HP Laserjet Professional M1213nf MFP
HP Recommended

@khitesh09 wrote:

I'm getting the scanner error 22 when i try copy a page using copier function. After that i have to restart my printer to vanish that error. I've also checked the firmware version by printing config report and it says the frimware datecode is 20130211 and software version is 20121108. I've also used HP Print and Scan doctor to fix the error. But nothing seems to be working for me. So please help me .......

HP Recommended

HOW TO SOUE scanner error 22?

HP Recommended

Hello,

I see that you are getting a Scanner 22 error. If you haven't already, please try the steps from Message 3.

I can send you that information in a private message.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi!

Can you also be send me the same information.  I have tried the steps noted above but still can't get rid of the scan error 22.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi @Jen7,

I can send you that information in a private message.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.