Question

Intern
AmerEagle
Message 1 of 7 (514 Views)

HP 1310 Series (1315xi) Red Blinking Cartridge Light, Scanner....

Just now reinstalled device  from HP direct rather than using my series disk,  still have cartridge Error Message,  "Color Cartridge Incorrectly Installed", (Have been installing for about 12 yrs) and, Scanner/Copier probably still doesn't work, have not yet checked that.  

USB  problem?  I  have a  hub,  and just removed my flash drive. 

PSC 1310 Series (1315xi) , XP Home, SP3.   Problem started about the same time as some  forum discussions  about  Automatic Update trying and not being able to install  .NET framework 5.3,  which  is  in my Add/Remove, but A.U. still keeps trying and notifying that it can't be installed.   I  seem to have all the .NET frameworks including 4.   

HP Dir  now is an I.E. 8 add-on (?) .   I  read about   how  to  get  an  Icon  for  I.E. 8  ICON,  in  spite of  a  lawsuit,  haven't  yet had time to see  if  we  can  access  it.   Is  anyone  using  it?   Thanks in advance for any  help.   .   

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 7 (502 Views)

Re: HP 1310 Series (1315xi) Red Blinking Cartridge Light, Scanner....

Hello AmerEagle

Are you receiving the "Color Cartridge Incorrectly Installed" message on the printer or on the computer? You can match up the proper blinking lights code in the Blinking Lights article.

If you are using a USB hub is it a powered hub? If not I suggest plugging the printer directly into the USB port on the computer.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Intern
AmerEagle
Message 3 of 7 (493 Views)

Hi.  I've had some help from you before.  I think we've hit on something accidentally.  Hope I can find the Kudo's thing I know I've checked before, once  this  gets  straightened out.   It  seems to me your  instructions, all the control panels are for an HP    1350?????   I'd already noticed that error at the site,  don't know if it's my own typo,  but my model number is  HP PSC 1310 Series  All-in-One,  1315xi,  not  1350.   It  blew out  my System Restore, the day before Sept. 1,  made a new "check point", but  there's been all sorts of  problems.  You work for HP,  so  do  you  maybe know how to  restore my system  to  before  Aug. 31 or 30, when this mixup happened, or,  exactly what to do or who to contact at HP?  Hope I don't have to do anything myself.  I  don't even try to install  drivers,  tried  Uniblue  and  then  Driver Update, which did a remote control scan and deleted  literally thousands  of  HP items,  and I guess they agreed with me  this mixup is the problem.  My refund has been confirmed.  They were very nice about it.  And as always, I appreciate you  guys  no  end.   I  know you'll  have the answer or know where to get it.  I wonder if this has ever happened before?  I type the 1315xi model number fairly  often, and  THINK I've always checked my typing.  Thanks again.   

Intern
AmerEagle
Message 4 of 7 (473 Views)

Travis, are you still there?   I've also asked my question at CNET XP forum, Tracked Discussions, in  case  I lose track of you here.   Thanks for all the work you did with the sample printer control panel pictures, but I believe they're for a 1350 printer, but mine is in the 1310 Series, (1315xi) .   I  have  no  idea  if  I  did a   typo  or  if  it  was  the  machinery,  but  the day before Sept. 1,  a month ago since this is Oct. 1,  my  System Restore was wiped out, evidently,  and had to start over, with just a  "Check Point".  Yes,  I've been getting the message  that my color cartridge is incorrectly installed, but I believe they're referring to an  HP  1350 printer, not mine.   I'd tried Driver Update, and one of their technicians did a remote access scan, deleted literally thousands of  HP  items, so now what do I do?  I  remember you said you work for HP. 

Does  something  still  have to be corrected on THEIR end, before I do another Reinstall, using my  2007  DISK  this time to make sure  I  get  software for the right model?    TIA again.  

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 7 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello AmerEagle

I apologize for the delayed response. I read that you had a refund confirmed and thought that you were getting rid of the printer.

I have managed to locate the support page for the PSC 1315xi.

HP PSC 1315xi All-in-One Printer

The HP PSC 1315xi has the same blinking codes as the PSC 1200, 1310, 1340, and 1350 series printers. so the article I provided should still cover the proper troubleshooting.

Cartridge errors can be caused by faulty cartridges or dirty contacts. Are the cartridges new or are they refilled/remanufactured? Based on your posts it appears you have multiple problems so let's start with one thing at a time. Follow the article, Blinking Lights, and let me know if you have any problems or what you find out.

Also I don't work for HP, rather I work with them.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Intern
AmerEagle
Message 6 of 7 (449 Views)

Glad You're Back, Re: HP 1310 Series (1315xi) Red Blinking Cartridge Light, Scanner....

Tuesday Night, 10-2-12

No problem about the little misunderstanding.  I'm not the best communicator. 

So the same  "blink" things  work for 1350 and 1315xi,  which is how this model number got  misnamed?  What triggers  them?  Afraid I don't understand what would trigger the 1350 instead of my model.   

And  there would be a lot of other things that are different, which it seems  would cause trouble.  So I maybe  didn't  type it wrong after all?   May  need  to  break until morning to try to clear my head,   it's  been such a busy two days, after  clicking and reading the link below.   I  don't think I'll forget the Kudo,  which  goes  to  people who help,  gotcha.   Probably   I'll  have  more  questions.  TTYL,  Thanks again.    

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 7 (436 Views)

Re: Glad You're Back, Re: HP 1310 Series (1315xi) Red Blinking Cartridge Light, Scanner....

Hello AmerEagle

Blinking lights on your printer can be triggered for many different reasons. Some lights will flash, blink, or light up while processing print jobs or copying documents. Other times the lights indicate a problem with the printer.

Illustration of the product control panel with the lights called out

1 - On/Resume light
2 - Check Paper light
3 - Check Print Cartridge light
4 - Copies display (where an 'E' might display)
5 - Black Start Copy light
6 - Color Start Copy light
Based on the image above can you describe what each light is doing? Whether they are flashing, blinking, or compeltely off?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation