HP 2512 unable to scan document. (3677 Views)
Honor Student
JuanRosado
Message 1 of 5 (3,677 Views)

HP 2512 unable to scan document.

Whe I try to scan a document, It seems like it will work, but few seconds lated a message is display saying that there is no communication between computer a Deskjet HP 2512

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 5 (3,662 Views)

Re: HP 2512 unable to scan document.

Hello JuanRosado

What operating system are you using and how is the printer connected?

Also please verify your printer model. I can't locate any Deskjet 2512. See the link below for help locating the model number.

How Do I Find My Model Number?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
JuanRosado
Message 3 of 5 (3,653 Views)

Thanks Travis for your response

The operating system is windows 7 professional, this computer is an ASUS intel core i5, i guess 64 bit, the printer is functioning good, but when I try to use the scanner it says there is a communication error. I did update the driver, but it still no working.  What do you think is the problem?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 5 (3,649 Views)

You're welcome JuanRosado

And thanks for the additional information.

Let's start with the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is a diagnostic tool that can sometimes find and resolve scanning issues automatically.

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Also what application are you scanning from?

How is the computer and printer connected?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
davidps
Message 5 of 5 (732 Views)

I am using Windows 8 with an HP 2512 printer/scanner. I can not get the system to scan. I tried to find "print and scan doctor" for this combination, but couldn't find it. Can someone help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation