10-28-2012 09:44 AM
Hi, does anyone have any experience in troubleshooting or servicing the "scanner failure" error message on HP2710 all-in-one printer? I've tried HP support recommendation to both do a reset and plugging directly to different wall outlet, but the issue still persists. I've used it for 7 yrs now & this is the first issue I've had, so no service history before. I've bought another printer & wanted to sell this one, so wonder if anyone has ever had the same model serviced for this issue & how much it costs. Thanks.
10-29-2012 02:20 PM
If the steps in the document are unable to fix the issue, then often it would cost more to fix a hardware issue, such as this, than to buy the printer new.
I hope this helps.
I am not an HP employee.
10-29-2012 06:20 PM
Thanks Jason. It's the same document I've tried & unfortunately has not worked in my case. I can see the scanner light coming on, so doesn't look like a bulb issue. HP support has told me that the model is no longer produced or supported, so will follow your advise to donate it then since only printing now works.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers