Question

Honor Student
hpohhp
Message 1 of 3 (201 Views)

HP 2710 scanner failure error message

Hi, does anyone have any experience in troubleshooting or servicing the "scanner failure" error message on HP2710 all-in-one printer? I've tried HP support recommendation to both do a reset and plugging directly to different wall outlet, but the issue still persists. I've used it for 7 yrs now & this is the first issue I've had, so no service history before. I've bought another printer & wanted to sell this one, so wonder if anyone has ever had the same model serviced for this issue & how much it costs. Thanks.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 3 (178 Views)

HP 2710 scanner failure error message

There is a document with steps to try to help fix this issue located here.

If the steps in the document are unable to fix the issue, then often it would cost more to fix a hardware issue, such as this, than to buy the printer new.

I hope this helps.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
hpohhp
Message 3 of 3 (172 Views)

Re: HP 2710 scanner failure error message

Thanks Jason. It's the same document I've tried & unfortunately has not worked in my case. I can see the scanner light coming on, so doesn't look like a bulb issue. HP support has told me that the model is no longer produced or supported, so will follow your advise to donate it then since only printing now works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation