Question

Honor Student
skneip
Message 1 of 4 (1,334 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 3522 Printer/Scan Questions

I have a HP 3522 printer/scanner/copier.  One of the reasons I purchased it is because it would do duplex printing.  I also needed a home scanner.  I have two problems with it.  I have a Macbook and Windows Office 2011 for the mac.  

1.  While I can do duplex printing in almsot  every program, it does not give me that option in Microsoft Office.  I have tried downloading a new printer driver, to no avail.  I can find no setting in Word to allow me to do duplex printing.  Any help?

2.  It appears that I can scan only one page at a time and it saves as a single document.  This is problematic for long documents, and I can not find any information anywhere on this (including reading the manual)  I recently needed to get a 35-page document to someone and had to send 35 different attachments.  This seems absurd and I would not have purchased this one had I known, hopefully I am just missing something.  Help?? 

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 2 of 4 (1,308 Views)

Re: HP 3522 Printer/Scan Questions

Skneip, alright I think I can help you out! 

On the first question: From what you describe this sounds like an issue with MS Office.  If you are able to duplex from all other places, the issue likely is in the program you are using. Generally, when you are in the print screen you can select the option of "Print on Both Sides" and as long as this feature is enabled through the advanced options on your Printer Properties, it should work. If not, I would consider contacting MS for additional support. 

On the second issue, yes, in your printer software when you scan you should be offered the option to "Continue scanning" since you do not have an ADF. This feature is primarily used when scanning documents as PDFs. Also under the advanced options in the scan window you can even choose to save all continuous PDFs in a series as one document as well. 

Let me know if this is the info you are looking for! 
:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
skneip
Message 3 of 4 (1,300 Views)

Thank you.  I'll see if i can get any help from MS.  While the answer on the scanner was not spot on, it led me to the right solution.  I had it set for JPEG and when I changed it to PDF, it allows me to check a box that says "combine into one document."  Problem solved for that.  Now if only i could do duplex printing for MS programs. 

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 4 of 4 (1,291 Views)

Sounds fantastic, let me know what the MS support says or if you need any further assistance. 

Have a wonderful day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation