04-20-2010 02:30 AM
If you installed via network, then you need to send the 'scan to' settings to the printer.
Depends on the hp software, follow following steps to update the 'Scan To' settings to the printer:
- Click Settings , and then click Scan Settings .
- Depending on your software version, click the option available to you:
- Front Panel Scan Button Settings
- Scan to... Setup
- Button settings
- Click Settings , and then click Scan Settings & Preferences .
NOTE: If you only have two icons in HP Director and no Settings option is available, you need to reinstall the software. Skip to Solution four: Uninstall and reinstall the software
- Click Scan to... Setup .
Here is the steps available from HP support site.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers