04-04-2013 12:26 PM
I use an HP 640 fax for my home business. I have 2 lines, a business and personal. The fax was connected to the business land line, but I've recently cancelled that line due to going to a cell phone. I've connected the fax to my house line. The machine will let me place calls, but when I try to send a fax I get a recording that states "The number you are dialing from has been disconnected." Somehow the machine is remembering my old business line number. I've cleared the memory, gone back to factory defaults and still it won't send faxes. It was working fine before switching phone lines. Can anyone help? I don't understand how it lets me make calls, but not send faxes.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax