04-04-2013 12:26 PM
I use an HP 640 fax for my home business. I have 2 lines, a business and personal. The fax was connected to the business land line, but I've recently cancelled that line due to going to a cell phone. I've connected the fax to my house line. The machine will let me place calls, but when I try to send a fax I get a recording that states "The number you are dialing from has been disconnected." Somehow the machine is remembering my old business line number. I've cleared the memory, gone back to factory defaults and still it won't send faxes. It was working fine before switching phone lines. Can anyone help? I don't understand how it lets me make calls, but not send faxes.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers