Question

Student
wong808
Message 1 of 611 (48,915 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 6500 Wireless does not scan

[ Edited ]

The printer works fine to print but it does not scan.

When I select scan on the officejet 6500 wireless it  says, "SCAN MENU SELECT COMPUTER"  No keys on the keypad work only "OK". When I select OK it says "No Scan Option - refer to device documentation to troubleshoot. Press OK."

Operating system: Windows 7

Wireless connection to printer

Downloaded and installed oj6500ve709_basic_14 driver/download

Mahalo (thank you in Hawaiian)  in advance for your assistance.

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 2 of 611 (48,903 Views)

Re: HP 6500 Wireless does not scan

Since you have only installed the basic driver you will not be able to scan from the computer, so i suggest you to install full feature software, please click on the below web link to download the software:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL31304/mp-77752-2/OJ6500vE709_Full_14.exe

Click on save.

Save to desktop.

Once the download completes, double click on downloaded file it will prompts you to RUN or OPEN, Click on RUN it will extract the file and then Click on INSTALL. It  starts the installation at the middle of the installation it will promts you to connect the USB cable then only connect the USB cable.
NOTE: while installation do not connect the printer  USB cable to the computer until it prompts you to connect.

Once the download completes, double click on downloaded file it will prompts you to RUN or OPEN, Click on RUN it will extract the file and then Click on INSTALL. It  starts the installation at the middle of the installation it will promts you to connect the USB cable then only connect the USB cable.
NOTE: while installation do not connect the printer  USB cable to the computer until it prompts you to connect.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
LAA Honor Student
Honor Student
LAA
Message 3 of 611 (48,898 Views)

Сегодня я поменял принтер на новый (старый отработал 7 дней).

Проблема не решилась.

При нажатии SCAN принтер не видит компьютер.

Я установил FULL 14 версию. Скачал с оф. сайта.

Во время инсталяции я заметил одну не понятную вещь.

На коробке написана модель CB057A, а во время инсталяции я заметил (не помню где),

что программа написала CB8... . Что это значит?

Может в этом все наши роблемы???

k_sudarshan wrote:

Since you have only installed the basic driver you will not be able to scan from the computer, so i suggest you to install full feature software, please click on the below web link to download the software:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL31304/mp-77752-2/OJ6500vE709_Full_14.exe

Click on save.

Save to desktop.

k_sudarshan wrote:

Click on save.

Save to desktop.

Tutor
SonomaRose
Message 4 of 611 (46,466 Views)

I have done this multiple times.  It works for a while and then it will no longer scan.  Why do I need to download the same driver every time?

Student
bnance
Message 5 of 611 (44,869 Views)

I downloaded the FULL version and still get the same messages, Scan Menu, Select Computer > and then No Scan Options, Refer to device documentation to trouble shoot..

Student
chrisntine
Message 6 of 611 (44,812 Views)

I am getting the same error messages as the other posters.

I'm using an iMac, Mac OS X with an Officejet 6500 Wireless.

My husband set up the printer -- how can I tell which driver he installed?

Thanks!

Student
Grayhares01
Message 7 of 611 (43,302 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. I install the driver listed above. It works ok for 3 or 4 scans, then the printer loses everything and tells me to consult the computer documentation again. It essentially wants me to download the driver again.

HP really needs to fix this. It is unacceptable...

Honor Student
dmansf
Message 8 of 611 (43,207 Views)

Same problem forever on my XP computer. Always had to start up the Solution Center and scan from there; button on computer would not work.

Now I have a new Windows 7 64 bit computer, and software will not install. So how do I scan?

Does anybody at HP care about our problems? 

Honor Student
dmansf
Message 9 of 611 (43,201 Views)

Printer set up failed to complete. Again and again and again. I had this same exact problem when I first installed the printer on my XP computer, and spent a total of about 5 hours on the phone with tech support before finally getting it installed. Now on my new Windows 7 64 bit computer, after downloading the file and trying to install, your software will not install the printer. I've been able to print ever since setting up my new computer, but it sure would be nice to be able to scan. IF I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER PRINTER, I GUARANTEE I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HP.
Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 611 (43,109 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

I need to get some clarifying information from all of you that have posted to this thread.

1. Which model number is your printer?

2. What is the operating system on your computer?

3. Short description of the issue you are facing?

OfficeJet 6500 model numbers:

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a ›

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n ›

HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709q ›

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709c ›

HP Officejet 6500 Special Edition All-in-One Printer - E709e ›

HP Officejet 6500 Special Edition Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709s ›

HP Officejet 6500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - E710n ›

HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer - E710a ›

HP Officejet 6500A Plus Special Edition e-All-in-One - E710s ›

HP Officejet 6500A Special Edition e-All-in-One - E710e ›

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation