Question

j-k Tutor
Tutor
j-k
Message 1 of 4 (4,024 Views)

HP 6500A Wireless scan says "no computer detected"

My OS is Mac OS X 10.7.3, Lion. Our new HP OfficeJet 6500A prints OK, but will not scan: Message on the printer front panel is "No Computer Detected," message in the iMac Open Scanner window is "Failed to Open a Session on the Device." When I atttempt to scan, the printer and computer lose their wireless connection. Is this a Lion problem or an HP 6500A problem? How fix?

Thanks.

j-k Tutor
Tutor
j-k
Message 2 of 4 (4,021 Views)

Re: HP 6500A Wireless scan says "no computer detected"

Quick update: Turning the printer off and then back on solved the problem, at least temporarily. It scanned! Does anyone have a more permanent solution? Thanks — j-k

Distinguished Professor
SeanS
Message 3 of 4 (3,995 Views)

Hey there. Try working through this document:

A 'Connection Error' or 'No Computer Detected' Error Message Displays When Attempting to Scan from t...

Hope this helps!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
j-k Tutor
Tutor
j-k
Message 4 of 4 (3,992 Views)

Hi, SeanS: Thank you. Is there a similar document for the Mac OS? This one addresses only Windows, and I'm on an iMac with OS 10.7.3 (Lion). 

(Turning the printer off and then back on solved the problem a couple of days ago, so that is a workaround. I just wonder if there's some underlying flaw in the connection, installation, driver, etc., that we can correct.)

Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation