03-14-2012 09:51 PM
My OS is Mac OS X 10.7.3, Lion. Our new HP OfficeJet 6500A prints OK, but will not scan: Message on the printer front panel is "No Computer Detected," message in the iMac Open Scanner window is "Failed to Open a Session on the Device." When I atttempt to scan, the printer and computer lose their wireless connection. Is this a Lion problem or an HP 6500A problem? How fix?
03-14-2012 11:01 PM
Quick update: Turning the printer off and then back on solved the problem, at least temporarily. It scanned! Does anyone have a more permanent solution? Thanks — j-k
03-16-2012 10:19 AM
Hey there. Try working through this document:
Hope this helps!
03-16-2012 10:48 AM
Hi, SeanS: Thank you. Is there a similar document for the Mac OS? This one addresses only Windows, and I'm on an iMac with OS 10.7.3 (Lion).
(Turning the printer off and then back on solved the problem a couple of days ago, so that is a workaround. I just wonder if there's some underlying flaw in the connection, installation, driver, etc., that we can correct.)
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax