09-30-2012 07:20 PM
The unit is networked with a Win XP Pro and will not scan. Scan to computer is activated, and the puter appears on the printer. I've followed the complete diagnostics, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the HP Website, and turned off the firewall. I am able to print, but not scan. The unit message is: The computer is not corresponding. Please check the following, then try again.
*Printer software is running
*"Scan from Computer" is acitivated via printer software.
The message on the computer is: Scanner Unreachable Scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is powered on.... etc, etc.
I've seen some similar posts but no solutions, so your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
10-02-2012 02:59 PM
Do you have any firewall or antivirus software running? I found an article that states you can get the "Scanner Unreachable" error if BitDefender (a firewall application) is running. Since the printer is installed on the network it may be being blocked. Does the scan problem persist if you attach it with a USB cable?
The second part of that article indicates to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This can also be found here: http://www.hp.com/go/tools.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers