Question

Honor Student
RJNeckbone
Message 1 of 18 (25,583 Views)

HP Cue - Scanning Flow Component error

Just bought a C5280 all-in-one. Can't scan to PC due to the above error. I see a lot of similar postings - any easy fix to this?  Do I have to reinstall the HP solutions SW?
Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 18 (25,520 Views)

Re: HP Cue - Scanning Flow Component error

I would try first run "Scan Destination Settings" first.
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
Geoff
Message 3 of 18 (25,200 Views)

Have C5280 all in one . When trying to scan get "HP CUE Scanning Flow Compononet " error message. How do I fix this
Teacher
WayneZ
Message 4 of 18 (25,166 Views)

There are a number of people with this issue so I am responding to yours with the response I had to the first person. 

I am now also in your world.  I get the same error with an HP Office Jet Pro L7555.  I spent five +_ hours trying to fix, download, and in chat sessions today to try and correct with HP to no avail.  I will now get "contacted" within three days after someone else reviews it.  The only difference is that mine worked fine five months with an old laptop I had operating with  Windows XP Professional.  I recently bought a new computer with Windows Vista, installed the appropriate drivers got your error message, uninstalled once on my own and twice with HP reps to no avail getting the same error message you are getting.  I think HP knows it has a compatibility problem with Windows Vista but does not know how to resolve it.  What is your operating system?  There also is another way to scan, still a pain in the buttocks, but easier than going though paint because it uses the HP scanning device mechanism but bypasses HP Solution Center.  Let me know if you want that method and I will try and walk you though it. 

I reinstalled three or four times today from various methods and none of them corrected the issue.  There is also a patch on the HP website to supposedly fix compatibility issues with HP and Vista at least for my printer/scanner/copier that I installed but it did not correct the issue.  I will post everyone if HP ever resolves the issue with me.   

"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
Honor Student
Geoff
Message 5 of 18 (25,139 Views)

Re HP Cue Scanning flow problem.

From other forum replies I started looking in C:\programfiles\HewlettPackard\Digitalimaging\bin and by chance clicked on  "hpiscnapp" and lo and behold found that I could scan from there. It was a bit way round to do it., but it beats keep uninstalling etc and getting nowhere. I feel that HP has a problem and has not put enough effort into fixing it.

Teacher
WayneZ
Message 6 of 18 (25,100 Views)

I am still tryign to resolve the issue with HP so it works properly from the HP Solutions software.  The yare sendign me "fixes" about every hour or so.  Nothing has worked as of yet to resolve the error message from the HP Solution Center. 

However, similar to you while going through a chat session checking the scan function there is another file in the HP or Hewlett Packard file folder that also initiates the scan function.  Once in the HP folder (or Helwett Packard folder) open the Digital Imaging folder then double click on the Bin folder and double click on the follwoing file:  hpqscnvw   This also open the scanning function.  For now until the issue gets resolved I created a shortcut on the desktop and scan from this since it is the HP scanning format which is much easier to use than Paint. 

I agree with you, there is a problem with the HP software in its relationship with Vista.  When I ran Windows XP Professional on another laptop I had no issues using the HP Solution Center for scanning.  I will post a resolution if HP ever actually resolves the problem.  I just received two more emails directing two different types of fixes again (some of which I think were already tried in a chat session and did not dcorrect the issue).  IF anything works I will copy to all. 

"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
Honor Student
RJNeckbone
Message 7 of 18 (25,063 Views)

Since I first posted I have reinstalled the sw and it has been working.  I have XP.  I read on another forum that if you clean your registry and delete registry items related to the HP sw, that will cause the scanning not to work.  I have since cleaned the registry and unchecked any HP related items so they didn't get deleted. Scanning is still working so, I assume there was something to that.  I'm not enough of a PC expert to dig into registry stuff, so I'll just continue to make sure the HP  registry stuff doesn't get deleted.

RJ

Honor Student
rosaliew
Message 8 of 18 (21,705 Views)

I had this same error today. I purchased some new registry cleaning software. It had a restore on it so when I restored to before I used it, the scanner started working again. So what do I need to do next time I use this software?
Teacher
WayneZ
Message 9 of 18 (21,684 Views)

Apparently the HP software is poorly written and is not compatible at least with Windows Vista.  The Registry addresses dont correspond with where they are supposed to be.  If you run any virus or anti-spyware / anti-adware type software these will pick up the poorly writeten HP Software registry mistakes as problems thinking they are a virus, adware, or software becasue they software and the registry items are not wirtten correctly to correspond to the same locations.  So, you can never run Virus scans or adware/spyware scans again if you want to run your HP machine with its software as they advertise.  HP techs came on and supposedly fixed mine but it did not work as my virus software and anti-adware/spyware works continuously and identifies immediately the registry errors in HP software so the same error message comes up again.  Mine worked fine with Windows XP but when I got a new machine and Windows Vista I got the HP CUE Scanning Flow component error message.  Best thing to do is take it back if you can, and buy a Brother.  EWveryone on here that has had the ability to return their HP machine has mostly bought Brother machines and are happy with them.  I know if I could take it back I would do it in a heartbeat. 
Honor Student
Dick_Smith
Message 10 of 18 (21,330 Views)

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/hp-cue-scanning-flow-component-encountered-problem

Hi after hours of re installing and searching I stumbled on this solution - making a new entry in the registry - it work first time - I have not tried

a reg scan or virus scan as yet as it would seem that these scans are the downfall of some HP software.

Hope it works for you

Regards

**bleep**

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation