12-23-2013 11:39 PM
Despite having the setting set to the maximum allow size on the email server, DSS still send in full file size of the PDF OCR. noted this problem has been address since 4.13 but it seem to be still having problem now.
Anywork around this problem?
01-07-2014 01:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand your problem. I think you are saying that you have your email server setup to handle as larage of files as possible but DSS is splitting the document up and sending multiple emails. Is that correct? What do you have the email setting in DSS set to?
01-15-2014 09:44 AM
You said that you have the maximum attachment size set on the email server. Do you also have this setting set in DSS itself? In the email tab, edit the email server and set "Maximum Attachment Size" to how you would like the emails to be split, and DSS should split as close as it can to that on scanned page boundaries.
05-07-2014 07:58 PM
Thank you very much for the response.
The problem I am facing is:
- On E-mail tab of DSS I have add one SMTP with settings Split e-mail if larger than 10MB
- In the device configuration, here what happen:
if I do not enable OCR, the scan document will be split as expected to 10MB each.
However with OCR turn-on, the file will not split as per settings in the gateway.
I already update to the latest one 5.01.03 and still the same. Is there any config somewhere else I need to update?
The DSS installation has been upgrade from version 4 which this was the known problem back then.
05-14-2014 02:18 PM
Thank you for the response. The issue you are seeing is a known limitation with DSS and OCR. The proper teams will be notified of the request so it can be considered as a future enhancement.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax