08-27-2013 03:26 PM
hey I have just taken over a job and am trying to understand an environment that has multiple versions of DSS installed.
on site there are three individual instances of DSS 4.25.xx, 4.91.xx and one that doesn't fire up at all.
wondred whether someone could explain the differences between these versions, whether there are functional reasons for the mismatch of configuration (the only thing I can think of is that there are some old printers/mfp devices on the network, which might not be supported in the newer versions)
also is the a list of gotchas published anywhere?
09-10-2013 11:07 AM
DSS 4.91.xx was originally released to support the new HP FutureSmart devices. It was replaced by DSS 4.25.xx which supports both the older OZ-based firmware devices as well as the FutureSmart devices. This is the currently recommended and supported version. Existing device licenses are support on either version, but must be registered to the server they are running on. If you need help with the licenses (like consolidating them on one server), please visit: http://licensing.hp.com/welcome.slm
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax