Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

got this HP as a birthday present, windows 7 says cannot scan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi hani71,

What is the operating system on your computer?

You can download the drivers and software from the link below.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

jooproelofs,

Sorry you are having problems.  If you are running WIndows 7, make sure you have the latest drivers installed from the installation CD that came with your printer.  If you lost your installation CD, you can download the latest software from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId...

If you already have the drivers installed, can you check if you are able to print or copy?  That will at least confirm the connection to the printer is working correctly and we can continue troubleshooting from there.  Let me know what you find!

Troy

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended
I was curious if this was resolved? My 2050 will print and copy perfectly, but when I try and scan it gives me the message "Scanner communication cannot be established" etc. This is a brand new printer and it was working fine before I rebuilt my computer. Drivers are properly installed and reinstalled, hardware diagnosis came up clean. I'm not sure what to do at this point.
HP Recommended

Hi 

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

HP Deskjet 2050 J510 series my scanner doesn't work

HP Recommended

Hi nurdyda987,

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

cd for my printer dosn't work the serial no ch350-10002 thanks

HP Recommended

Hi hani71,

You can download the drivers and software from the link below.

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My Hp deskjet 2050 J510 series scanner was doesn't work

HP Recommended

Hi judesampath,

Can you make a standalone copy from the printer?

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.