12-17-2013 02:07 PM
Hello, I've had this all-in-one device for a while now, and I moved into a new house with it, but during to move I lost the physical copy of the software. I installed new software from the site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor
When I try to scan it from the computer, it says my printer can't be found, and when I try to scan it from the printer it says my computer can't be found, yet it prints just fine.
I tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, downloaded from the posted link, and it told me that my software wasn't fulling installed.
So I reinstalled the software and nothing changed. Printing still works and scanning doesn't. Anything I can do to fix this?
12-20-2013 07:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that since moving you are unable to scan to or from your Deskjet 3052a.
I have included a document with detailed trouble shooting steps to take when you are unable to scan. There is a section dedicated to the different operating systems. It is important to follow the steps in order.
A 'Computer Not Found', 'No Computer Detected', or 'Connection Error' Message Displays During Scanning
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!
I work on behalf of HP
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers