Question

Student
DeHayala
Message 1 of 2 (816 Views)

HP Deskjet 3052a won't scan at all

Hello, I've had this all-in-one device for a while now, and I moved into a new house with it, but during to move I lost the physical copy of the software. I installed new software from the site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5061073&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us and the printing works great, but I haven't been able to get it to scan once. I have it connected via USB cord instead of wireless.

When I try to scan it from the computer, it says my printer can't be found, and when I try to scan it from the printer it says my computer can't be found, yet it prints just fine.

I tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, downloaded from the posted link, and it told me that my software wasn't fulling installed.

So I reinstalled the software and nothing changed. Printing still works and scanning doesn't. Anything I can do to fix this?

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 2 of 2 (790 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3052a won't scan at all

Hello DeHayala,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.  I understand that since moving you are unable to scan to or from your Deskjet 3052a.

I have included a document with detailed trouble shooting steps to take when you are unable to scan. There is a section dedicated to the different operating systems. It is important to follow the steps in order.

A 'Computer Not Found', 'No Computer Detected', or 'Connection Error' Message Displays During Scanning

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03581784

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation