12-17-2013 02:07 PM
Hello, I've had this all-in-one device for a while now, and I moved into a new house with it, but during to move I lost the physical copy of the software. I installed new software from the site: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategor
When I try to scan it from the computer, it says my printer can't be found, and when I try to scan it from the printer it says my computer can't be found, yet it prints just fine.
I tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor, downloaded from the posted link, and it told me that my software wasn't fulling installed.
So I reinstalled the software and nothing changed. Printing still works and scanning doesn't. Anything I can do to fix this?
12-20-2013 07:34 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that since moving you are unable to scan to or from your Deskjet 3052a.
I have included a document with detailed trouble shooting steps to take when you are unable to scan. There is a section dedicated to the different operating systems. It is important to follow the steps in order.
A 'Computer Not Found', 'No Computer Detected', or 'Connection Error' Message Displays During Scanning
Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
I work on behalf of HP
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers