Question

Honor Student
colinabe
Message 1 of 4 (197 Views)

HP Deskjet 3520 all-in-one -printer-scanner does not work

[ Edited ]

Dear Sir or Madam, In early 2013 I bought a deskjet 2510 all-in-one series, every thing went well in the down load except for the scanner; I got intact with HP technical support, Asus the manufacturer of my laptop and Microsoft, all 3 failed in getting my scanner up and running. I kept the printer until  late February 2014.

I have purchased a Desk top 3520 with the same problem, I have spent a whole day going around in circles trying every conceivable bit of info coming off the HP site and other sites on the Net- but to no avail- so now I am turning my sights to others on this forum who may have the intellect to help me to get the scanner on this printer operational.

The printer is Is a HP deskjet 3520 all-in-one

Serial No.  [Edited for Personal Information]

FPU No  CX052-64001

My System is Windows 7 Premium service pack1

64 bit operating system.

Error messages:

1. commuter and scanner not communicating.

2. DJ 3520.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Trouble Shooting?

Trouble Shooting wizard could not be/failed to down load.

Connection Method?

USB

Sincerly yours Colin

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 4 (160 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet 3520 all-in-one -printer-scanner does not work

[ Edited ]

Hello colinabe,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to scan a document. I am only here to help and try to resolve this issue! Are both of these printers connected by a USB connection?

If both printers are experiencing the same problem, then this would indicate; Either a problem with the connection or something on the computer that is preventing this communication error. Now, we need to narrow down the issue. I would start off by following this HP document on 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning.

Also, HP printers are only compatible for a 2.0 USB cord.

This document provides valid troubleshooting steps, like checking the USB connection and solution five:

"Uninstall the software, run Disk Cleanup, turn off background programs, and then reinstall the software".

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
colinabe
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

Dear Cheetah 12, thank you for helping me with this problem. The desktop 2510 I have stopped using- permanently.

I will only be using the 3520.

The 3520 is connected by a 2.0 USB cord/connection.

I have ran HP scan doctor it stated- Scan driver is unable to communicate with the product, I followed its instructions.

It stated- this tool was unable to resolve the problem even after a restart.

ONE of the other error  messages I sent to you was--Dj3520.exe is not a valid Win32 application.    ?????????

My wife has a 4 year old Canon MP 270, I decided to try downloading it on my lap top- it worked including the scanner.

When you say run disk clean up -do you mean defrag system??

Sincerly yours Colin

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 4 (138 Views)

Hello and thank you for your updated information.

Those steps are "Solution Five" from this HP document on 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning. Have you followed this entire HP document?

Again, please post your results. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation