02-04-2010 08:53 PM
How do you fix the scanning problem with HP Deskjet F2480?
It prints when I use MS Word document, but when I click the scan button on the printer it doesn't open up the software. I tried to open the HP Solution Centre and it told me that it couldn't locate the software and would close.
I don't think it actually scanned anything because normally when it does it will open up the gallery showing it scanned even when I tried to do an update directly with the software it just keeping processing without completing. I tried to install manually the software from the website, but still doesn't seem to resolve the problem.
02-12-2010 10:01 AM
I have a PC running XP. Said printer is working fine but scanning works with Windows scanning wizard only.
When I start HP software and select SCAN, it opens up a window saying "Windows configures scan" and tries to install software. Then there is a prompt for a software location and only way to get to the scanning successfully is to insert the HP disk that came with the printer.
First I thought that this is normal and system is configuring the scanner for future use, but after I re-started the PC and tried to scan again using HP utility, the same window opened up saying "Windows configures scan" and prompt again for disk.
What do I have to do to get the scanning to work using HP utility?
10-08-2010 07:27 PM
i cannot make it work too. i am using vista 32 bit. i have exerted too much effort but no to avail :'(
if you're using paint, ur actually printing the document but not scanning it... hayyy... i hope people from hp could help us to maximize the feature of this model (sigh)
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers