HP Deskjet F2480 scanning problem (15594 Views)
Honor Student
chelseak1
Message 1 of 6 (15,594 Views)

HP Deskjet F2480 scanning problem

How do you fix the scanning problem with HP Deskjet F2480?

It prints when I use MS Word document, but when I click the scan button on the printer it doesn't open up the software. I tried to open the HP Solution Centre and it told me that it couldn't locate the software and would close.

I don't think it actually scanned anything because normally when it does it will open up the gallery showing it scanned even when I tried to do an update directly with the software it just keeping processing without completing. I tried to install manually the software from the website, but still doesn't seem to resolve the problem.

Honor Student
markevison
Message 2 of 6 (15,503 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet F2480 scanning problem

It doesn't work no. Are you using XP too? The only way I can do it is by opeing Paint and scanning through that! Terrible software design by HP

Top Student
chengo55
Message 3 of 6 (15,453 Views)

I have a PC running XP. Said printer is working fine but scanning works with Windows scanning wizard only.

When I start HP software and select SCAN, it opens up a window saying "Windows configures scan" and tries to install software. Then there is a prompt for a software location and only way to get to the scanning successfully is to insert the HP disk that came with the printer.

First I thought that this is normal and system is configuring the scanner for future use, but after I re-started the PC and tried to scan again using HP utility, the same window opened up saying "Windows configures scan" and prompt again for disk.

What do I have to do to get the scanning to work using HP utility?

Student
eniercn
Message 4 of 6 (11,701 Views)

i cannot make it work too.  i am using vista 32 bit. i have exerted too much effort but no to avail :'(

if you're using paint, ur actually printing the document but not scanning it... hayyy... i hope people from hp could help us to maximize the feature of this model (sigh)

Student
Lucariolu
Message 5 of 6 (6,892 Views)

Me too, but I forgot. Do you just connect up the printer, go on Paint and click "From Scanner/Camera"?

Student
aysesila
Message 6 of 6 (4,707 Views)

Hi,

for HP Deskjet f2480 software page. maybe the problem is solved. good luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation