HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-16-2012 05:09 AM
I have a problem with an HP Digital Sender 9200c, manufacturing date: september 2006.
After the boot sequence, the startup, the led from the big green start button is amber but on the display it says 'ready' and shows the ip address of the equipment.
I touch the "scan to folder" button, it displays the image where i can change the name of the document scanned and to which folder to scan but when i press "start" to scan nothing happens, neither on the ADF nor the flatbed. After that if i raise the flatbed cover it says "initializing scanner, please wait" and the scanner stays with that message as long as i keep the equipment powered on. The same message appears also without entering the scan to folder, after the startup if I raise the flatbed.
I've tried the following things:
- cleaning the inside of the scanner, inside the ADF and inside the flatbed
- checked all the sensors with the utility from equipment menu
- firmware update
- checked the HDD for bad sectors, it has no bad sectors, everything ok with it
- cold reset
- restore to factory settings
- checked the formatter board for defective capacitors, all of them are ok
- with the scanner powered on, unplug the power cord and than plug in
The digital sender is still defective.
Can someone please help me?