Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
All-in-One D110a
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Scanning not working with HP Easy Scan using mac OS 10.12.2 Sierra.

Worked using HP Scan 3 on previous version of mac OS 10.12.

HP Scan 3 stopped working on upgrade to 10.12.2.

Went to Apple App store. Downloaded HP Easy Scan version 1.6.0 (94)

Went to HP Support web site. Downloaded HP e-Print software/drivers (Version 2.5.0)

Installed all software.

Rebooted iMac.

Rebooted printer.

Opened Easy Scan.

Clicking "Scan" results in the folloing message:

Scanner reported an error

HP Photosmart D110 series is currently unavailable. Ensure your device is powered on, check the connection, and ensure your network is functioning properly. If these conditions are correct, restart the device and try scanning again.

Note: HP Utility (version 5.24.2) recognizes the printer. Printing works. Printer is connected over home network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@embers23

You are welcome and thank you for your message. 🙂

I'm afraid the HP Easy Scan may not work with the inbuilt drivers. However, the Apple Image capture should work fine. This is the best workaround for this issue as of now. 

Please keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi,

Once launching HP Easy Scan ensure there is no aler mark near the isted scanner name.

If there is a such click the Presets menu and press on Browse Scanners, then select yoour printer and try scanning again.

If the same remains try the following:

From your Applications folder or its HP subfolder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan application, delete it by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Next install the latest HP Easy Scan below, it will be installed within the Applications folder:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Finally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Shlomi:

Thank you for the input. I followed your instructions.

I receive the same error (i.e., "Scanner reported an error") listed in my post.

Please note printer function works (i.e. I can print).

I also rebooted the computer and the printer after old software was deleted, new software installed, and checked App Store for upgrades/updates (none were required). Also unplugged printer, waited one minute, and plugged it back in.

For your reference:

Computer: iMac 16 3.06 GHz , 2010 model; Intel Core i3, Cache 3MB, Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Software

macOS Sierra 10.12.2

HP ePrint version 2.5.0

HP Easy Scan version 1.7.0 (107)

Printer: HP e-All-in-One D110a; S/N CN0C6G32Q6 (listed in Easy Scan as Photosmart D110 series [393F1D]

Printer is connected through home wireless network. Printer kind is listed as Bonjour Multifunction.

As mentioned printer is connected to network and does print.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Shlomi:

Additional information: I can use the HP All-in-One D110a with the Apple Image Capture software so the device scanner function is working (as well as netwoked printer function). Just not with the HP software "Easy Scan".

Regards,

HP Recommended

Dear guys,

I've exactly the same issues. Already uninstalled all the stuff, removed the printer from Printers & Scanners, removed all the left over files via the Finder and installed everything from scratch.

All other apps can communicate with the scanner and are able to import images from the scanner, except EasyScan.

Because this is a very handy app it would be great if HP can offer a software fix in order to fix these issues.

Issues occur since the macOS Sierra 10.12 --> 10.12.2 update.

I've tested the scenarios with the 1.6.x.x as well as the 1.7.0 version of your software.

If you need additional information, please let me know!

Hope that you can help us any further and get things up and running again.

Cheers,

oaodomin80r

HP Recommended

@oaodomin80r

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a and the  HP Easy Scan does not work on Mac Sierra. You have uninstalled and reinstall the software. All other apps can communicate with the scanner and are able to import images from the scanner, except EasyScan. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot.

I recommend you to perform the following steps as a workaround: 

• I did some research and found that for this printer there are no full-featured drivers available for Mac Sierra.
  • However, in an Apple update there are inbuilt print and scan drivers available for this printer model. Please follow the below steps to install the Mac inbuilt printer drivers.
  • Please download the Mac inbuilt drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2flF56z
  • From System Preferences, click on Print & Scan.
  • Click the Plus sign.
  • Select the listed Photosmart D110.
  • Click the drop-down menu next to Use or Print Using and click on Select Printer Software.
  • Select the Photosmart D110 from the list.
  • Click OK to confirm your selection and add the printer, then try printing using the configured print queue.

Post performing the above steps, you may try to use the Apple Image capture and test the scanning. I hope this information helps.

Let me know if you have any questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have C4700 working with Apple Mac 10.12.2 I access my scanner via HP Easyscan.

I have trashed my previous Easyscan and now have installed HP Easyscan 1.7.0 

The result is the same I can print but can not scan.  I have done the usual restarting, unplugging the scanner/printer. I keep getting the following error message.  Grateful for assistance on where I go from here. I have also checked for updates via Apple.

<<HP Photosmart C4700 series is currently unavailable. Ensure your device is powered on, check the connection, and ensure your network is functioning properly. If these conditions are correct, restart the device and try scanning again.>>

HP Recommended

Kazi:

Thank you for the input and I apprecaite your time.

Before following your instructions perhaps you could clarify the following instruction as I am a bit confused:

"Post performing the above steps, you may try to use the Apple Image capture and test the scanning."

Are you saying the inbuilt drivers you list will not fix the scanning issue with HP Easy Scan"

Regards,

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions from MKazi, even though using C4700.   I removed the HP Easyscan completely and downloaded the available version 1.7.0

I was concerned downlaoding  http://hp.care/2flF56z for " new drivers".  My printer was listed on the download listing , as working without scanning, which is my current problem.  I need to be able to scan. The quoted link is from October 2016, my HP Easyscan stopped wotking today January 9th 2017.

Either HP or Apple need to upgraade HP Easyscan, making it a working piece of software again. I am using Image Capture to scan with, which is far from ideal.

I would welcome further support or suggestions of a work around.

Thank you

Mike

HP Recommended

@mikegunill

Thank you for replying. 🙂

I'm glad to know the inbuilt drivers helped the Apple image Capture to work. I appreciate you taking your valuable time to troubleshoot. 

I understand that you prefer to use the HP Easyscan instead of the Apple Image Capture. But this is the best workaround at this moment. I cannot make any speculations when the updated software would be released either by HP or Apple. However, your valuable feedback is very much appreciated. 

Please reach out to us anytime if you have any further questions. Take care! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.