10-06-2013 04:40 AM
I just got a HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One printer
I'm using Macbook and I have been trying to scan documents through wireless however the printer either comes up with no connection to computer, or computer cannot be found.
So i want to ask what I have to do with the settings of my printer and my Macbook in order for me to have a successful scan to computer?
Also, if I would like to get a USB cable just in case of any network connection issue, which USB cable suits my printer?
10-07-2013 11:40 AM
I would like to help you with your scanning issue. Could you please tell me what operating system you are running on the Macbook?
10-10-2013 11:59 AM
Thank you for the information. Follow the steps in this document Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection and set up a static IP address. This should resolve your issue.
The USB cable that you would be looking for should be a 2.0.
Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance.
10-11-2013 05:53 AM
I tried the steps in the link you provided and they didn't work for me.
In the application "HP Scan", it cannot find my computer while my friend's computer works for her envy 4500.
My printer comes up with my computer's name, however it still cannot connect with my computer.
Will it be better for me to get a usb cable for my scanning issue?
Or is it possible that an HP expert could come to my house to check this for me?
10-11-2013 07:15 AM
There are several reasons why you may not be able to scan over the network. Could you please download the HP Print and Scan Doctor and run that. Keep track of any errors or fixes it makes.
Let me know,
10-11-2013 08:29 AM
Can you scan from the HP Scan program on your computer. Follow the steps in this document for How to Scan .
Let me know if this helped.
10-11-2013 08:48 AM
10-11-2013 09:00 AM
I would suggest that you reset the printing system on your computer and re-add the printer. Please be aware this will remove all printers installed so you will have to re-add them as well. Follow the steps in the document for Resetting your printing system.
Let me know if this helps.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers