Question

Student
Rodd
Message 1 of 2 (4,587 Views)

HP Inkjet All-In-One With Duplex ADF Automatic Document Feeder?

I am looking for an HP inkjet all-in-one device that has a duplex automatic document feeder ADF. That is, I want it to be able to automatically scan both sides of an input document that has print on both sides. It seems pretty easy on HP's website to find which devices are capable of automatic 2-sided or duplexed printing, but I can't find any information on which ones, if any, will automatically scan both sides of a 2-sided incoming document coming in from the automatic document feeder. Anyone?
Honor Student
KarenA
Message 2 of 2 (4,576 Views)

Re: HP Inkjet All-In-One With Duplex ADF Automatic Document Feeder?

The 8500 Premier with do this, which is what I have and have performed. After selecting where you want to scan to, i.e. email, network folder, etc., you will still have to select 2-sided document the it will automatically perform this task. I think there is a lower model that will do the same.

I do not want to discourage you from this model (although a workhorse), but there are several of us having issues with pages being skipped/missing when scanning and faxing multiple pages. I have posted what seems to be a resolution to this issue. HP did not have a resolution.

This is what I posted earlier to one of the threads.

I have also had the same issue with faxing and scanning of multiple pages. After several hours of tech support, case managers and two printers later direct from HP, I finally went and purchased one from the store. The one from the in-store purchase also has the same problem. I was told by HP this was the first time they had heard of this issue. From the looks of the threads this is not a new issue. I had a little time today, thus I was determined to resolve this issue myself and I think it worked. I have faxed and scanned 12 pages without a problem and I have done this several times today. There has been minimal lag time between pages. There are no papers just going through quickly. This is what I did and it will not void your warranty.

1. First, place a few pages of plain paper in the ADF tray and copy on black. This will remove residue on the rollers.

2. Lift the ADF and roll the ADF rollers with your fingers. There are 2 rollers; the second one is where I think the problem exists. I turned this roller and there was a flat spot on it. The second roller is behind the blue-green separator. If you have had your AIO for awhile, clean these rollers with a lint fre cloth and distilled water.

Please give me your feedback, if this works for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation