11-30-2009 05:27 PM
11-30-2009 09:26 PM
The 8500 Premier with do this, which is what I have and have performed. After selecting where you want to scan to, i.e. email, network folder, etc., you will still have to select 2-sided document the it will automatically perform this task. I think there is a lower model that will do the same.
I do not want to discourage you from this model (although a workhorse), but there are several of us having issues with pages being skipped/missing when scanning and faxing multiple pages. I have posted what seems to be a resolution to this issue. HP did not have a resolution.
This is what I posted earlier to one of the threads.
I have also had the same issue with faxing and scanning of multiple pages. After several hours of tech support, case managers and two printers later direct from HP, I finally went and purchased one from the store. The one from the in-store purchase also has the same problem. I was told by HP this was the first time they had heard of this issue. From the looks of the threads this is not a new issue. I had a little time today, thus I was determined to resolve this issue myself and I think it worked. I have faxed and scanned 12 pages without a problem and I have done this several times today. There has been minimal lag time between pages. There are no papers just going through quickly. This is what I did and it will not void your warranty.
1. First, place a few pages of plain paper in the ADF tray and copy on black. This will remove residue on the rollers.
2. Lift the ADF and roll the ADF rollers with your fingers. There are 2 rollers; the second one is where I think the problem exists. I turned this roller and there was a flat spot on it. The second roller is behind the blue-green separator. If you have had your AIO for awhile, clean these rollers with a lint fre cloth and distilled water.
Please give me your feedback, if this works for you.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers