HP J3608 Fax Problem: Recipient Cannot hear me when faxing using HP Solution Center (414 Views)
Honor Student
eGzg0t
Message 1 of 7 (414 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP J3608 Fax Problem: Recipient Cannot hear me when faxing using HP Solution Center

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I am having trouble with our HP Officejet J3608. I explored its functionality to send fax using HP's Solution Center AIO. So I opened a word file > press print to the fax machine > then a dialog appears asking for the recipient and all other info > I input the fax number of the recipient and pressed send fax >then the fax machine dials the number and rings > the recipient responds saying "hello, who is this?" > I responded "Hi, can I have a fax tone?" > the recipient says "hello? Hello??" then drops the phone.

So I found out that the recipient cannot hear us from our side, I tested it with other recipients. The recipient is on loud speak and when I lift the phone in the device, It's still on loudspeak. What is the problem here?

Take note that this doesn't happen when we are dialing the number directly to the device's phone and feeding it with a hard copy document.

Thank you very much and I hope that someone responds to my question. It will really mean a lot. :smileyvery-happy:

Honor Student
eGzg0t
Message 2 of 7 (387 Views)

Re: HP J3608 Fax Problem: Recipient Cannot hear me when faxing using HP Solution Center

Anyone? :smileyindifferent:

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 3 of 7 (373 Views)

HP J3608 Fax Problem: Recipient Cannot hear me when faxing using HP Solution Center

[ Edited ]

I am not sure you have the correct setup, because faxing should not contact a user directly in the manner you describe. I am going to include a link below for setting up a fax machine (different printer, but the concept is universal). Additionally, you the recipiente should not be able to "pick up" a fax in, it sounds that you may be faxing to a actual phone number and not a fax number. 

http://goo.gl/zy9ps

Let me know if this helps!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
eGzg0t
Message 4 of 7 (365 Views)

Re: HP J3608 Fax Problem: Recipient Cannot hear me when faxing using HP Solution Center

The fax machine is used in the office and many of our recipients are using PBX systems or something like that. So if I dial the fax number of a recipient's office, the PBX system will redirect the call to all phones connected on the PBX. An employee answeres the "call" (in this case, the fax) and I should, in normal cases, instruct that employee to give me a fax tone. Then the employee transfers the call to their fax machine.

As far as I know, I configured the machine correctly since we can fax the "normal way" (meaning not PC to FAX).

Thank you for the reply though. :smileyhappy:

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 5 of 7 (362 Views)

For a system like this, you can treat it like a combined fax/phone line. The person on the receiving side has to manually answer the fax or have the fax machine set to answer automatically. Do you know the kind of fax machine you are dialing to? If it is not a combined fax/phone, then it will not operate in the same manner as yours does.

Let me know!
Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
eGzg0t
Message 6 of 7 (358 Views)

Our HP fax machine is an All in one machine, so it is a phone/fax/scanner/printer/copier. We are trying to "blast" faxes to multiple recipients so inorder to eliminate paper use, we plan on faxing it as a soft copy. Our recipients have assorted types of fax machines so its hard to tell which are telefax and which are not. Regardless, the "auto answer" intruiges me. Do this machine have the auto answer feature even though we are the one calling? if yes,  I can set the autoanswer to "Hello, may I have a fax tone" message or something like that.

Thanks for the reply!

Regents Professor
AlwaysNeon
Message 7 of 7 (350 Views)

Depending on the machine you are sending your fax to varies how it responds. Most fax machines do not have phone attachments, and the "auto-answer" is a setting that allows the printer to recognize incoming faxes and automatically receive them. What you are describing is the manual answer option, in which the recipient recognized the incoming fax and has to manually answer it.

In this scenario, It will depend on the machine you are sending it to and if it can receive in that same fashion.

Let me know!
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation