Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

The scan to email works but not the scan to Network Folder. I have tried a lot of things but I give up. 

I have given permissions to all and after share a folder it appears as shared... but does not work. 

The OS is Windows 7. Hope you can help me with this because I will use a lot the scan to shared folder option.

Thanks in advance,

Fran

problem.jpg

39 REPLIES 39
HP Recommended

Hi skile88,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you are unable to setup the scan to network.
I will be happy to help you.

It is usually a issue with the Network Path for the network folder created.

Create a folder anywhere on the computer.
Right click the folder and left click properties, select the Sharing tab, click the Share button, select who you want to share the folder with or everyone. On the same Sharing tab copy  the Network Path. (example \\envy1730\users \Envy\desktop\networkfolder

In the embedded web server for the printer go to the Scan tab, select network folder setup, paste in the path for the network folder. Go through the wizard.

If those steps don't work then follow steps 1, 2, 3, to resolve this issue to try and get the network folder and path.

Step one: Make sure that the computer user account is password protected.
1.Click the Windows icon, then click Control Panel.
2.Click User Accounts, then select the account you used to log into the    computer.
3.Click Change your Windows password, then find the user account you used to log into the computer.
•If the user account is password protected, continue to the next step.
•If the user account is not password protected, click Create a password for your account to create a password, and then continue to the next step.

Step two: Define the network location
1.Click the Windows icon, then click Control Panel.
2.Click Network and Sharing Center.
3.In the View your active networks section, click Public network under your network name. The Set Network Location window opens.
4.Select Home Network or Work Network, then click Close.

Step three: Make sure that the network sharing and discovery options are correct
1.Open the Network and Sharing Center window.
2.Click Choose homegroup and sharing options.
3.In the Share libraries and printers section, select Documents.
4.In the Other homegroup actions section, click Change advanced sharing settings.
5.In the Advanced sharing settings window, make sure that the following network options are turned on:
•Network discovery
•File sharing
•Public folder sharing (read and write access)
•Password protected sharing
6.Click Save changes.
7.Your computer network is now successfully set to complete the Scan and Fax to Network. Folder or Digital Fax to Network Folder Wizard.

I believe that this will provide a resolution to your issue. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Gemini02  and thanks for your reply.

I have tried all the steps you say but it continues not working. I have also tried to deactivated the Windows 7 and the Avast's firewalls but looks that the problem is not there. 

The folder is good shared but once I click on "save and test" it sais "Cannot connect to the network folder. Ensure the shared folder name is correct". 

I have also tried through the website of the printer (192.168.1.67 in this case) but the problem is the same.

I really can't see where the problem is because on every folder that I try to share I give all permissions even to everyone.

Hope you can help me whith this.

Regards,

Fran

HP Recommended

Hi again,

I have discovered the error.

The problem is in the "advanced sharing settings window". I have turned off the option which is after the 128 encription, I mean the "password protected sharing". I really do not understand why it does not work when is on because I put the username of Windows and my password when register the folder on the wizard. 

Something rare happens when I write the username and the password because once I save it I see that the encripted password is longer than the original (8 characters). I do not know why but looks like it's the reason that avoid me to conect the printer to the folder.

By doing what I said before now the test is sucessful.

Could you tell me why does not work with the "password protected sharing" turned on?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi there

I am unable to use the scan to Network Drive feature with the same exact Laserjet model. I am getting an invalid username / password error. I have reset my username and password for Windows, and tried all the steps listed above (sharing the folder, checking network settings to match your settings (which they already did), etc.) Please advise.

JC

HP Recommended

I have a very similar issue.  I have a LaserJet 200  M276nw running on a Windows 2012 domain via wireless connection.  Everything had been working for a few weeks, up until late last week.  Now I am getting the following error:

Cannot connect to the network folder. Ensure the shared folder name is correct.

My path is:

\\Networkdc\Scanned Documents 

This is a functional path that I can broswse to (and worked previous to this week).  I had a specific network account created for this printer, but have changed it to the network admin account just for testing purposes.  Even if I put in a username that is wrong the warning remains the same so it must be related to the network path in some fashion.

I did re-flash the firmware. 

Not understanding why this stopped working, no changes have been made to the printer.  We have been doing some network maintenance, but nothing directly related to these shares, users, etc.

HP Recommended

After an 1:15 on multiple phone calls (5) with HP, they have no solution.  They basically said if the share works elsewhere it should work on the printer and can offer no additional support.  Very poor.

I tried creating a new test folder with permissing to everone, same issue.

HP said they have no more knowledge or guidance to share.

Hoping someone out there has a solution.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I understand you are having issues scanning to the Network folder.

If you were able to scan to the Network folder previously, I would do a System Restore on the computer.

You can always restore your computer back to a earlier time when everything was working properly.

It might have something to do with a Windows Update.

System Restore for Windows 7.

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC on Windows 8.

If the issue persists, then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support, since they have access to remote into your computer to find out more of what is going on. Call 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Contact HP Worldwide.

Let me know how this goes. I will check into this further.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

As I mentioned, this is a Windows 2012 server... I am not going to roll back/restore a server to get a printer working.  The printer will get returned if this is the only option.

I chatted with HP support, called business support and was transferred to cloud support, then finally LaserJet support.  They said they could not support my issue and have "no more knowledge" how to troubleshoot a network environment.

HP Recommended

Same issue on this device.

German error: "Der Test war nicht erfolgreich. Vorg. wdh."

Try to Scan on Synology NAS Share. On first 5 Scans it works fine. Now is no scan to netzwork folder possible.

New User, new Share, address by IP or Hostname nothing works. Is IPv6 or HTTPS the problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.