Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

One of my clients has this same issue with their printer of the same model (M276nw).

What happens is the printer seems to loose connection to the windows shares (windows 7 in this case), and until the host computer is rebooted the printer will never be able to connect to that share.  I can reboot the printer, but that still doesn't fix the issue, so I assume it might be a joint problem between HP & Microsoft software.

For my client the resolution has been to reboot the workstation that hosts the shares every morning and then the shares will be active all day long.

Shares never seem to go offline for any windows computers on the network or even my guest computer on the network.  Only the printer seems to loose the connection and never find it again.

HP has addressed this in the 400 series units since they don't have the problem, so they should work at fixing this issue with these models too.  This has been an issue since these printers came out and no firmware updates have corrected the problem yet.

HP Recommended
I am running Windows Server 2012, but I did try a reboot during a maintenance window. No luck. I created a test share on a Windows 7 client and it worked. I created a new test share the same way on the server and it does not work. Doesn't seem to like Server 2012.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

worked for 10 scans and then stop woking.

I updated the firmware on the printer.

My share is on a NAS model DS211j from synology.

I can access the same folder from any other device on my network exept from the printer

Please help, don't avoid the issue, it seems that happens a lot

HP Recommended

Hi There,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

We also have problems scanning to a network folder.

The test on the printer is succesfull.

When the printer scans the document we see the file being created.

When the printer is finished scanning the scanned file is gone like it doesn't close the file stream.

The problem is not fully reproducable as sometimes it does create the scanned document.

Accessing the share from a remote PC with the same credentials gives a share with all access needed to create files and folders.

Any suggestions ???

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi @Thuizt,

I see that you are having issues with Scanning to a Network folder. I would like to help you.

It may have something to do with the Admin Rights or something blocking it. I would suggest to turn off any Antivirus Software to test the scanning.

If the issue persists, try to Unlock Hidden Administrator Account and test the scanning again.

1. Go to your Start menu and under the 'search programs and files' box type CMD.
  2. CMD will populate as a search option above, just right click on it and 'run as administrator'.
  3. Once CMD (Command Prompt) opens, type net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter.
  4. Next, close CMD and restart your computer.
  5. When your computer comes on log into the new account that should show. It will be called Administrator and will not have a password on it.
  6. If your computer automatically logs into your account after restart than go to your start menu click the arrow beside 'shutdown' and choose 'switch user'. Now log into the Administrator account we just unlocked.
  7. Under the Administrator account, try scanning again to a network folder.
  8.  To turn off the Admin account start back at step 1 and type in net user administrator /active:no.

Download and run the Print and Scan Doctor, it will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it.

What were the results when you ran the Print and Scan Doctor? (did it print or scan, any error messages)

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I still cant get this $h!t to work, I've tried EVERYTHING! I can access the folder from other computers yet the scan to network folder doesn't work. You guys need to get this fixed SOON! I bought this printer because it also had this feature.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue for the past month. It worked for 2 years. All the sudden it stopped working. I am an IT professional. I have worked with HP printers for 15 years. I know how to setup network shares and troubleshoot issues. I do it everyday. I was even a printer administrator for 2 years. The issue must be with the printers. Need a firmware update or something. Microsoft must have made a update that is killing these scan folders. Please help.

HP Recommended

PCdudes are you scanning to windows 7 machine?

HP Recommended

I am also having exact same issue with a MFP M476dn which was working fine for over two years. It has just got this issue since ast week. seems like a windows update caused this

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.