12-23-2010 08:27 PM
HP 1536dnf MFP <--> DLink DPR-1260 Wireless Print Server <--> PC (XP/SP3)
With above configuration, can print but can not scan. Scan software is looking for 1536dnf to be connected directly to the PC via USB. HP installation software only covers direct USB connections and connections to a WIRED network. Is it possible to configure the Scan software so it uses a wireless network printer in the above configuration? Thanks in advance.
02-13-2011 07:28 PM
I had the same problem with my 1536dnf. I tried reinstalling using the disk and downloading from the site - neither worked. HP will talk to you free while you are under warranty. She took control of my computer, and actually downloaded another driver I needed. Now it works perferctly. So call while you are still under warranty.
02-04-2013 09:27 AM
You can also temporarily wire your PC to the printer server (if it has an extra LAN port), install the basic drivers from HP's website, and then disconnect the LAN cable to go wireless again.
For example, the printer is wired to my router, but my laptop is wireless. I first tried installing the drivers, hoping that the "wired" requirement was just a suggestion. It wasn't. So I then followed the following steps:
1. Disabled wireless on my laptop
2. Hardwired my laptop to an empty port on the same router
3. Installed the drivers (success)
4. Unplugged the hardwire connection
5. Enabled wireless on my laptop
6. Put a handful of documents in the printer feeder
7. Used the HP scan software on my laptop to test (success)
Obviously I have not tested this with a wireless print server, but at least I can verify that this workaround using a router works fine (at least for scanning, which is all I have tested so far; I have no reason to think printing won't also work)
I hope this workaround is helpful to someone!
02-27-2013 11:00 PM
Sure wish I knew which file she downloaded. I updated the firmware, all software and drivers. Didn't make any difference.
HP Support said printer is toast and that the scanner and scanner hardware were probably fried.
Said only option was to replace the printer.
One unhappy camper ...
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax