02-14-2010 11:10 PM
recently I've purchased HP LaserJet M1120n MFP.
I've connected it using the Ethernet adapter.
Generally, there is no problem with the device, except:
If I try to scan a picture using the TWAIN driver, the scanner doesn't responds.
If I try to scan a picture using the WIA driver, I have no problems.
Inside the documentation of the MFP, it is written, that the MFP is a TWAIN compliant device.
Could you please give me a clue why I can't scan using the TWAIN interface?
The system I use is Windows XP 32bit edition.
02-15-2010 01:13 AM
TWAIN (technology without an interesting name) is an older scanner driver standard. Windows Image Acquisition is the latest generation of scanner drivers. Generally WIA drivers do not have as many features as the TWAIN drivers.
I note that you are using Windows XP. The driver page for your HP MFP device shows support for even the latest iteration of Windows (Windows 7) in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
If you really desire the full function of the Software suite you should consider updating the firmware and also upgrading to a more recent version of Windows. The level of support for Windows XP has been at best sporadic considering Microsoft's own on and off pledge of support to its customers for its end of life products. Given that, I would not expect many manufacturers to devote much time to improving drivers for a supposed end of life operating system.
2015 Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience Consumer
02-15-2010 11:08 PM
Thanks for your answer!
Following the fact, that HP provided the twain driver for WinXP with the installation, I presume, that the driver should work.
I don't think that HP will provide something, which they haven't tested.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers