HP LaserJet M1120n MFP scanner problem (15159 Views)
Top Student
AlekoB
Message 1 of 4 (15,159 Views)

HP LaserJet M1120n MFP scanner problem

Hello everybody,

recently I've purchased HP LaserJet M1120n MFP.

I've connected it using the Ethernet adapter.

Generally, there is no problem with the device, except:

If I try to scan a picture using the TWAIN driver, the scanner doesn't responds.

If I try to scan a picture using the WIA driver, I have no problems.

Inside the documentation of the MFP, it is written, that the MFP is a TWAIN compliant device.

Could you please give me a clue why I can't scan using the TWAIN interface?

The system I use is Windows XP 32bit edition.

Regards,

Aleko Boychev

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (15,152 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet M1120n MFP scanner problem

Hi,

TWAIN (technology without an interesting name) is an older scanner driver standard. Windows Image Acquisition is the latest generation of scanner drivers. Generally WIA drivers do not have as many features as the TWAIN drivers. 

I note that you are using Windows XP. The driver page for your HP MFP device shows support for even the latest iteration of Windows (Windows 7) in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

If you really desire the full function of the Software suite you should consider updating the firmware and also upgrading to a more recent version of Windows. The level of support for Windows XP has been at best sporadic considering Microsoft's own on and off pledge of support to its customers for its end of life products. Given that, I would not expect many manufacturers to devote much time to improving drivers for a supposed end of life operating system.   

regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
AlekoB
Message 3 of 4 (15,136 Views)

Hello Erico,

Thanks for your answer!

Following the fact, that HP provided the twain driver for WinXP with the installation, I presume, that the driver should work.

I don't think that HP will provide something, which they haven't tested.

Regards,

Aleko

Student
pyl75
Message 4 of 4 (10,236 Views)

can't scan from the network using windows 7 32 bits could you help me please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation