01-27-2012 08:41 AM
HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP scanning in black & white: The scans are never dark enough and I've adjusted the DPI to every possible setting. I am using the TWAIN and running on Windows XP Professional on a work laptop. The DPI setting doesn't seem to affect the quality of the scan. Things such as signatures and handwritten text in black ink (that look dark and clear on the original) are very light on the scan. I generally scan to PDFs. Does anyone have thoughts or recommendations?
01-27-2012 12:10 PM
If you are scanning in Black and White, Check if this helps for you.
- Go to “Scan to”
- When HP scan wizard opens
- Click on Output Type and choose Blank and White (1Bit) from the list
- Change the DPI to 150 and try to scan.
If the above steps did not help then you may try increasing the “Sharpen” and also try changing “Lighter/darken” setting to see if there is any changes when you scan
Make it easier for other people to find solution, If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted as Solution"
+++++Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post++++++
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers